Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Building next to Honest John's gone « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 781
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did I miss this? Met a friend at Honest John's tonight on Selden and the old drug store (which was abandoned) next door was gone. I mean completely with only two Dumpsters and a steam shovel on the property. The waitress had heard from John that there was talk of building a corner market or grocery there. Whether Honest John was being honest about that remains to be seen.
Anyone else heard about this?

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is indeed building a Grocery Store.

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 187
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I talked to John the other night, and no plans for a store at this time. The return on his investment is not favorable at this time.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh...I've been bitten by the Honest John Hype bug! I should've known better!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11606
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL...one of my neighbors also said that John told him just a few weeks ago that he was building a specialty market soon.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 785
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why tear it down if you're not going to do anything with it? Unless he didn't have enough money to tear it down AND build a new place at the same time.

And the waitresses told me that "Honest" John is NOT the guy who's doing this, though he was considering getting involved.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.