Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » NW Detroit Broadcast School « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Offical_birdbath
Username: Offical_birdbath

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall a radio broadcast school on the corner of Puritan and Greenlawn in the mid 1950's. Does anyone remember this or it's name?

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3366
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it a trade school or a Detroit Public School? Fitzgerald Elementary is on the corner of Puritan & Greenlawn.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Specs Howard????

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Mercy (at the time U of D) had a broadcast school on Puritan near Livernois.

Offical_birdbath
Username: Offical_birdbath

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The building was on the south east corner. I remember two Detroit announcers names that taught there. Art Lang, and Pierre Pollen. It was across from Fitzgerald, and I'm sure it was a trade school, and not affiliated with UofD.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 863
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Specs Howard opened in 1970, I believe. Detroit/Mercy does have a broadcasting program in their College of Liberal Arts and Education. At one point in the late '60's they had a carrier current AM station, but it was housed on campus.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.