Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Motor City "Tower"??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 429
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on the Skyscraper page website and under "fantasy" towers there is one called the Motor City Tower I never heard of this. What is this and does anyone know anything about it? When was it proposed if ever?
http://skyscraperpage.com/citi es/?buildingID=24325

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its completely fictitious. No proposal ever made for it just something someone thought would look cool in Detroit.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5637
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is listed as a "fantasy" because that's exactly what it is. In that database, fantasy stands for a illustration in the database created by the particular illustrator that drew it.

(Message edited by lmichigan on June 13, 2007)

Dexterpointing
Username: Dexterpointing

Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its ugly,,,,,,,,the least they could have done was make something fantastic if it were just a fantasy.
Even fantastic is do-able.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantasy f-up. Fugly.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 629
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the name. The mayor could live there.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of fantasy projects, didn’t Tom Monaghan once propose building Frank Lloyd Wright’s “Golden Beacon” along the Detroit River as the corporate offices of Domino’s Pizza? Also, whatever became of Wayne State’s idea to build a replica of Shakespeare’s Globe Theater along the river near the St. Aubin St. Park and Marina to be used by their theatrical arts department? I think that would be a spectacular addition to our newly emerging riverfront.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.