Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Assault on Precinct 13 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 713
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm watching the movie right now on A&E. Isn't there a Detroit connection? So far no indication that it is set in Detroit, but I vaguely remember that this precinct shown in the movie has something to do with the real one in Detroit (somewhere around Cass, I believe) where there was an assault during which some police cars were blown up?

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is set in Detroit.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4247
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But shot in Toronto...

Zug
Username: Zug

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it depends on which one they showed. The most recent one was a remake and supposed to be Detroit...the original was L.A., I believe.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 626
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They could have gotten all of their shots here, if they contacted me first. Too bad, it looks like any city BUT Detroit.

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best is the scene in the forest at the end of them movie than they pan to the Detroit skyline (obviously digitally inserted).....

Huggybear
Username: Huggybear

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

99% of the movie was shot on a sound stage - including the exteriors of the station - so don't get your panties in a knot. It was actually a pretty low-budget movie. Not bad. The forest was kind of a stretch. But come on, a lot of people from the Detroit suburbs wouldn't even know that it was incorrect.

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit's old 13th Precinct is in the center of the city miles from the nearest forest, let alone an evergreen forest... It had absolutely nothing to do with anything in Detroit history. They only chose Detroit because of Hollywood's stereotypical view of the city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.