Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Cafe Demongo's « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 60
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everyone,
Come support a local business. El Domango's will be having an open house this Friday. I just met the owner and his wife Diane. He said he had shut the business down in the 90's due to the roughness of the neighborhood and has decided to reopen. The place looks to be filled with history. Last year, a car ran into the windows and almost destroyed the piano and other pieces of history. The will be featuring jazz and blues. I vaguely remember a Speakeasy sign that used to be in the window. Does anyone recall being in the place before it closed?

There will be a free buffet (ribs, potato salad, etc.)The place is next to the Synagogue off of Griswold, near Capitol Park, across from Bozuki's 2.

Anyone know if the coffee house connected to the parking garage is open yet? (near capitol park)I see furniture and stock appearing on the shelves. I almost miss living down there seeing new things in the neighborhood but I feel much safer and appreciate the quiet of where I moved too. Much better landlord.(props to Jim)

Lukabottle

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the history of the old bar or have any stories?

Lukabottle

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is next to 1457 Griswold, the Synagogue.

The address is probably 1451. Either way, I am going for barbecue tonight.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I pass by it all the time. A few months ago I saw two gentlemen in there. I'm super pumped!

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was called Larry's Speakeasy. I remember I took a picture of it because I thought it was really neat. Cheers!

Lukabottle

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The downfall is I don't know what time it starts so I figure I would cruise by about 7pm. My sister got to check the place out yesterday with a personnel tour. She says its cool as hell inside.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.