Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The new dance show « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leslied
Username: Leslied

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember this show? Me and my sister loved it. It was like a Detroit soul train. It was on in the early 90's on channel 62!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4224
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before someone comes and rips you to shreds ma, I remember that show...loved it (it wasnt The Scene tho!:-)), but this has been discussed at length several times...

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =g7leoNGXClk

Scotty00
Username: Scotty00

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tetsua...thanks for the memories. That show was so low budget, but I enjoyed watching it! I remember there were a few dancers that were ALWAYS on!

Leslied

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry!- I'm new- I didn't know that it had been discussed. I remember a guy who wore a James Brown cape and a lady named Brownie

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4233
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Understood Leslie, it's just some facist minded people seem to have forgotten that they were once new to this forum ( and i mean real new).

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 979
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually-- and I'm NOT making this up-- I don't know Brownie, and have never met her, but through a set of odd circumstances about which I will not bore you, I happened to find myself corresponding with her, about four years ago, and she was still living around here, and was doing pretty much O.K. Also, she reported that fellow NDS mainstay Lawanda was also still in the area, and doing some singing gigs around town.

Leslied

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crazy! I remember her saying she bought some of her clothes in Trappers Alley.

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

loved it, it was the after school special!

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 905
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loved the dance line. We were always waiting to see someone fall flat on their ass after slipping on some jheri curl grease.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 244
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That show rocked!

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a thread some months ago. Before the "New Dance Show," there was the little known and long forgotten "CONTEMPO." I was working at GPR at the time. I wasted alot of time working on that show. The head honcho at 62 wanted the "Scene" out and a new show in. (Control freak, that's why the radio station will never go anywhere.) It took us three hours to do the first show. I left right after that. Poor Gerald McBride. They screwed him over BIG time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.