Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Mom of 8 burned in car « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone else heard anymore about this horrific crime?
Just when you think it can't get any worse stuff like this happens.
I just got back from western Canada and they have their crime out there but this really takes the cake.
Most of their stuff is isolated but we have a constant stream of killings and murder. Pretty disheartening.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 288
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't even burn my bread when I put it in the toaster. It's scary to think that your everyday neighbors may have this low of value for human life.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 173
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I only saw this story on Fox news and not in any of the papers. I was out of town this past week so I wonder when it happened.
Don't you think it should get more play?
I mean... this doesn't happen every day around here yet!!!!!
Where is the urgency in finding the maniac that killed her?

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 7928
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Odd that no one has posted any sort of link.....

Paulmcall

Post Number: 174
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a video on the Fox News website.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

heinous? yes, but not quite as sensational as you're making it sound

she was shot several times and the car was torched afterward - the Fox News video reports she had just recently filed for divorce and is believed to have been on her way to a nightclub around 1:00 a.m.

so go find the soon-to-be ex

Karl

Post Number: 7930
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mother of 8 - "on her way to a nightclub around 1am" and "recently filed for divorce"

As a strong contender for "Mother of the Year" perhaps she was done in by a competitor.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She could have been a battered woman who finally tried to get out of her marriage. Maybe this was the first time she had gone out in 2 years. I could make all sorts of assumptions, but I don't like to ASSume. Typical that Karl does.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 175
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty amazing that there has been no follow up.
Has anybody seen anything in any of the papers?
Kind of curious seeing how just about everything that is sleazy, tawdry, etc. gets splashed on the front page unless it's the Pistons or Wings losing.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 710
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If she would have been a white mother of two and successful businesswoman living in Washington Township, she'd probably have all the media attention you can possibly imagine, especially on Fox2 ...

Karl

Post Number: 7931
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well tell all, Ghetto - was she not white?

Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 711
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmcall did mention a link on the Fox2 website, maybe you want to take a look at it and draw your own conclusions

Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 712
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic. I didn't get that right away. Having 8 children and living in Detroit, so she must be black, no way this could have been a white woman, and to furthermore dwell in your presumptuous way of thinking, she probably raised those kids on a welfare check - paid for by righteous white tax payers, which she most likely spent on drugs and in nightclubs.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, unless two of her kids were married, they did have different last names.
Regardless, it does seem odd that this has gotten so little notice. No one deserves to be shot and then incinerated in their car.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.