Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bishop Gallagher « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Applesauce
Username: Applesauce

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live close to BGHS (Trinity Catholic) & was wondering if anyone knew what they might do with the
buildings/land? I guess the same goes for Notre Dame/Regina?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2330
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's what I've heard through the grapevine about Bishop Gallagher/Trinity High School:

The school buildings and land have been sold to the Colin Powell Academy. Closing on the sale is scheduled in the near future. The Academy hopes to open there in August.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regina moves out this month. Notre Dame had a some activity as a potential charter school in September but that disappeared before it even got started.

Rumor is that the religious order that owns Regina is in negotiation with Walmart and that the diocese will follow with the ND property.

We'll see how that turns out.

I have been hearing about a charter at the Gallagher site ever since the school closed. Is this one for real this time?

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 204
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard the same about the Colin Powell Academy. I believe it's almost a done deal.
The school hasn't changed much since I've been there. There's still library books on the shelves from when I was there. (80s) It's almost as if it has been mothballed. Luckily, we were able to attend the last mass for the school a few years back and have donuts and juice in the cafe. Kathleen, want to break in and grab those mural panels that are sitting on the cafes stage?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2332
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been told that the cafe murals are safely in storage. I'm not at liberty to disclose who or where, but there are some short-term plans for them. Then they may possibly be cut into pieces for interested parties.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.