Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Anyone remember the movie Tiger Town « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember watching it as a kid and wondered if anyone had any memories of it being filmed here?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4207
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I remember them filming a scene on the playground at Pasteur Elementary when I was a student there...

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. It isn't on DVD yet which is unfortunate.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still see it from time to time on VHS at some local video stores.

Specifically, there is one on 10/Hayes and 8 1/2 and Mack that had/have it.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9319
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't there a scene where the chubby little kid was running from home to Tiger Stadium for a game and somehow ended up crossing the Bell Isle Bridge (The real name always escapes me)

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Belle Isle Bridge = MacArthur Bridge

Rkick
Username: Rkick

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My buddies and I went to the filming at Tiger Stadium-seems like 800 or more other people were there. It was funny there were parents with their kids like they were going to be the STAR of the movie!?!? Of all the people there they only kept 4 people from going in to the stadium-you guessed it me and my 3 buddies!!!! I guess the fact that we had been up all night partying made the producers a little nervous!! We still had a great time not being in the movie!!!!

Leslied
Username: Leslied

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loved this movie and have showed it to students before. Many people have never heard of this movie and I always share it with them.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 501
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep, he runs home from tiger stadium and crosses the macarthur bridge/ hah

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2191
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember watching that movie all the time as a kid. Sure wish someone would put it out on DVD.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4540
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasnt the little brother from 16 Candles in it?

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember watching that movie when I was just about 5 or 6. Then I wanted to rent it when I was around 8 after my family moved to Alabama (or maybe Texas at the time). The video store didn't have it and I was so upset!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.