Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Tips for contacting the City? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Username: 659

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been trying for weeks to get in touch with a particular city employee about an issue in my neighborhood. None of the phone numbers listed for the employee's dept on the city website work. I've tried googling him, no luck. 311 will only give me a nonworking number. The one city employee I know gives me a nonworking number. I'm so frustrated....anyone have advice?

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 919
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try ZabaSearch.com and if you can pick him out, go knock on his front door or call him at home.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 171
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good point as to why this is a dysfunctional city.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 769
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've tried googling him, no luck. ....anyone have advice?

Have you tried praying? Or you could go down to the C.A. Young building and find him. Or try to, anyway.

Sadly, I've found that you're pretty much on your own when it comes city services in Detroit. I did have an easy time getting the city's historic preservation woman to call me back, though.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 742
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Set a fire

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 725
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me come over with my AR-15 and spray a few clips worth of ammo in the street, someone from the city will show up, heck, maybe even Kwame...

Scotty00
Username: Scotty00

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife's boss used to have to wave $100 bills in front of the people that pull permits in Detroit...then they would pay attention to him. Very sad...

Mackcreative
Username: Mackcreative

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try going to their office. I don't even try using the phone, no matter the department; it's just a complete waste of effort.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've tried to contract the City Council last year in regards to displaying the City Flag more often and in more places. It was a positive letter just presenting a suggestion that could help raise city's consciousness and status at events.

Never heard a word. I imagine a scene where a few City Council members may have glanced at my email, said "ha!", and went back to stuffing themselves with Cheetos. But I also never heard a word from the Detroit Historical Museum about it either. They must be stuffing themselves with Wheat Thins.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5620
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Catman, no offense, but I can't imagine that being something too many cities would get back to you on. In fact, if you were to get back anything it'd probably be one of those mass "thank you for your letter" letters/emails, which I think is even more offensive.

I know I've sent quite a few questions to my own city council persons, some I'd consider very important and urgent to no response. Though, I know from personal experience that my city has a better record of getting back to me than the city of Detroit.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually the Virginia Beach City Manager or a person designated to answer particular questions submitted by email. That's been my experience here.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 187
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

659, who are you looking for?
Post the dude's name and I'm sure someone will have a contact number, or have fun trying to get it for you.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife works for the city post it.. I will ask her. Or are you stalking him/her?

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohhh. I just asked my wife (who works for the city) she said a lot of city employees dont have numbers if they are field related workers. She said call the department head's area and they should have it IF they have one.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5623
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh,

I forgot to mention that I've had success with a very helpful city employee that will try to connect you to the appropriate city departments.

Here name is Rose Love (LoveR@po1.ci.detroit.mi.us), and she's the city's Supervising Publicist with the Communications & Creative Services Division. I've found her to be more than courteous, and usually fast in getting back to you if she can help. She was able to get me connected with DDOT for some research I was doing.

Detrola
Username: Detrola

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I worked for the city for over 17 years and I share your frustration. What department does this individual work for? I still have some contacts in the dept I worked in. My dept had a good number of employees that were not office or building based. They would report to a district office or yard at the beginning and end of each day. These folks can be hard to reach. Let me know if I can help.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.