Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Dr. Kervorkian to be Released « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5948
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After 8 and a half years in prison, Dr. Jack Kevorkian will be free indeed. "Dr. Death" was responsible for hundreds of a assistant suicide patients. In Michigan it is illegal to assist someone for suicide. What's Dr Death going to do? Any comments.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2727
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to what I've read so far, he's just going to keep a low profile, visit some relatives and not push assisted suicide as much as he did in the 90's.

Cdent
Username: Cdent

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW. I don't think he still has his Dr. status any more :-(

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's hard to keep a movement going, when the movement's participants die off, one by one, I guess.

It happened to Ham Radio.=)

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 401
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, former WB2OHS (whiskey bravo two oscar hotel sierra, and I can still do it in Morse if you like) resents the insinuation.

With Kevorkian - correct me if I'm wrong - "the movement's participants [dying] off, one by one" is what got him in trouble in the first place.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps he'll commit suicide? After all, he's in poor health allegedly. Or maybe he'll finally go all out and buy Chrysler once and for all. Oh wait, that's KERKORIAN. I get my Armenians mixed up sometimes...carry on.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5950
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DEATH IS COMING OUT! from his prison and he's back in the assisted suicide business campaign.

(Message edited by danny on June 01, 2007)

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I refused to serve him his damn seasoned french fries when he used to come into the bar I worked in. I would often chat with Fieger, hes an alright guy. (I mean, his brother freakin sings "My Sharona", thats gotta be good for a LITTLE street cred..)

My boss laughed and went and dropped the fries in front of him. Jack started his assisted homicide shit in the apartment that was above the bar in the Sullivan Building.

Anybody ever see Jacks paintings ? WHOOOOOOO !

Heres one from the PBS site

JACk

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kevorkian/aboutk/art/raised.html

and Jacks commentary on this image:

The annual resurrection by dumb bunnies of a pathetic, despairing, almost scorned image of the purported divinity is hardly noticeable amid the tawdry paraphernalia of irresistible paganism at its vernal orgy. It is a spectacle badly conceived, badly manipulated, and superbly desecrated by those hare-brained disciples of Mammon, who, with armfuls of brilliant multi-colored eggs and gleeful joy, framed in parade-stopping millinery, might, in a rare pseudo-pious mood briefly condescend to acknowledge some sort of disquieting mystery pervading it all. Such is the perfunctory Easter of modern western society which seems to have lost appreciation for anachronisms like rods and staffs and angels and lambs.

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Death is coming all right, he's 79 years old.

He should locate a fishing pole and a stream and enjoy what's left of his life.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You refused to serve him his french fries because he assisted people that could no longer bare their terminal illness?

Sorry about that. I'm not a huge fan of him either. He used to stay at a home of Figers' on the street I used to live on. It was on a lake, and sometimes when we were out fishing we would watch him shoot at the geese in his back yard with some form of rifle. It's a wonder no one called the cops on him. Strange man.

Mauser765

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think hes an ass, and he is a shiiiiiiiiity tipper. So yeah, I said FU. Better than what most waitresses do to your food when they dont like you .

Assisted suicide is one thing, but must be legislated. Dont you remember when he was trying harvest organs in the van ? Hes nobody to rally around.

Personally I dont think abortion is too cool, but I hate the people that camp outside the clinics on 8 mile road every damn day. Go pass a law and leave those people alone. Theres a way to do stuff, and a way not to do stuff.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:"Theres a way to do stuff, and a way not to do stuff."

Like spitting in someone's food because you don't like them? Or refusing to serve a patron because you don't believe in their principals? What are you, 1950's Montgomery? Jesus, get over yourself.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry. "Principles."

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 345
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For Christmas one year, my bitchy sister gave me one heck of a present........ a gift certificate for Dr. Kevorkian services.

Does this not warrant me to give her the silent treatment? I think so........ Jane

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and he's out!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 975
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thejesus,

Whenever you're ready.

-Jack

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude? Where's the pimp suit ala Mr. Abraham?

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a picture... he looks like himself warmed over

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd:

Don you think it's just a bit excessive for you to want me dead because I caused you to make a fool out of yourself on an Internet message board?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 978
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you talking to me, kid? Or Don?

Larryinflorida

Post Number: 502
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's "m-m-m-m-My Coroner..." Feiger?
I would have thought he would be fielding the press on this.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 837
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We made up a shot in college called a "Kevorkian". Can't exactly remember what kind of booze was in it, but basically, it put your lights out.

---longing for lost brain cells---

Mauser765

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Jesus, get over yourself."

Yeah, whatever, just telling it like it is.

And be nice to your server next time you go to a restaurant pal. Just some good advice from a former insider. (I never harmed anybody's food)

Southofeight, you need to read the book 'Fight Club'. Its got a lot of pages, so perhaps you could just rent the movie.

Larry - I saw Fieger talking bout Jack today on the news. Hey - havent I seen you, perhaps on the wideopen site ? lol

Larryinflorida

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*looks around*

Larryinflorida

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Feiger's not his mouthpiece anymore. I guess he was working on commission.

He's still all over my TV.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 541
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing like a jail cell to remind people that they are not above the law. I think Dr. K. is just glad to be a free man again. He'll stay clean.

Hardliner
Username: Hardliner

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quoting:

>It happened to Ham Radio<

Uhmmm, excuse me? This is K8CPA, and I'm proud to say, that I am a Amateur Radio Operator, thank you very much.

Admittedly, I'm not happy that the FCC decided to do away with the code, But that doesn't make it a bad hobby.

73 de K8CPA

Larryinflorida

Post Number: 550
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, you already sound like the sort of person that would not like the code being eliminated.

Every other country in the world doing it years ago may not be a good enough reason for you.

You would prefer to see the hobby die out, instead.
Can't have those CB'ers on there, now can we?

I too, am a lifelong Ham. You can find me on 3885 Khz AM, sounding like Voice of America with my potent, water-bourne signal, and bashing Republicans against the Birchers and bitter neocons on there.
And welcoming the new licensees with open arms.
The ones that will keep the hobby alive.
In spite of the best efforts of those like yourself.=)

73, OM. callsign withheld

River_rat
Username: River_rat

Post Number: 269
Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I'm really scared. First they release Martha Stewart and now Jack Kevorkian! Lock your doors as the streets are no longer safe.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 332
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sentence seems kind of harsh considering his age. I would think 4-5 would have been suffice.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 545
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, forget all of you...I am a huge fan of his. Not because of the assisted suicide thing, but because of other things.

I read an article one day where he was trying to get a law passed where people on death row were allowed to donate their organs. They interviewed people who needed a heart or a liver, etc. They said they didn't care if it came from someone on death row, or whatever. Jack was trying to get the law passed, but the law states that they cannot. Hearing those people's stories really hurt...

So say what you want about Jack. American people act like they have such big morales. Come on now. It's okay though to kill innocents because we are in a so called "WAR", but everything else is immoral. Give me a break.

This just pisses me off. Sorry, had to vent. Morales my ass!!!!!!!

Farrer
Username: Farrer

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone go to that Knack show at St. Andrews a few (has it been ten?!) years ago? I think Feiger was campaigning at the time and Jack was there, too. The concert really wasn't all that well attended so there was a lot of space to mill around center/front stage and Geoff was down there for the entire show so we ended up hanging out with him and yucking it up for most of the show. He's ok by me. Got to meet Jack that night, too. Good times.

Where was it I'd seen Jack's artwork hung once? Not to my taste but worth a look for sure. Watching him on Larry K. right now.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.