Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » I Feel Like a Dolt « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't know Kingsford Charcoal was made by Henry Ford's Cousin and I didn't know that Henry Ford discovered Charcoal briquets. You would think Detroiters should know that stuff.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9289
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You cannot feel like a dolt every time you discover some piece of trivia.

Why the heck do you think they call it trivial?!

Easy up on yourself, Urbanize. There are probably way more substantial reasons to dump on our collective doltship.

Plus, you just gave all those who already knew this reason to be proud...they might not need the encouragement!

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 327
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course he did.

Gannon

Post Number: 9290
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See?!

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's so obvoius though when you think about it. Michigan is one of the leading manufacture's of Charcoal and the name "Ford" is apart of the Trademarked brand. Well maybe SOMEONE on the site won't know it, then I'll feel better.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4172
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well if it makes you feel better then...I didn't know that...

...for real...

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nor did I........

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 366
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's in the historical museum, go check it out! :-)

(and be prepared to see a lot of dresses)

Gannon

Post Number: 9294
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now Terryh is running to the historical museum.

You should be more precise there, Jasoncw, you never know the unintended results of your words...he's going to be expecting full dresses, hopefully of foreign 'chicks' with booty.

I had heard of some link, but was NOT clear on the tie-in between ol' Henry and the charcoal company.

Activated carbon, or fresh charcoal (if what I've read sunk in) is also a wonderful filter for purifying water!

THAT means we could just about be the world leader in water filter manufacturing as well...

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BRILLIANT, Gannon!

(Message edited by saintme on May 29, 2007)

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the story about the founding of the Kingsford Products Company and how Henry Ford named it (and Henry did not put the "ford" in Kingsford).

And here is the rest of the story, thanks to the City of Kingsford web site.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.