Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit River Days volunteers needed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope I don't get in trouble for spamming...but I just received this in my email and thought some of you might also be interested in volunteering...

Greetings:

The City of Detroit is on the verge of another major milestone and you can be a part of it. For the past few years, Detroit’s International Riverfront has been transforming. And now we are ready to introduce our community to Detroit’s newest gathering space. The Detroit International River Days Festival will take place June 22 – 27 along the newly renovated RiverWalk.

Join us as we celebrate this first-ever festival organized by The Parade Company, The Detroit RiverFront Conservancy, and General Motors. Featuring family-friendly entertainment including GM Cool Events, DTE Boat Parade of Lights, Ultimate Air Dogs, carnival rides, incredible live music and the 49th annual Target Fireworks as the festival finale, this event will be the highlight of summer in Detroit.

Hundreds of volunteers are needed to make this six-day festival a success. Other major events like Super Bowl XL and Detroit’s Winter Blast proved it is the volunteers who make the events truly come to life. A variety of positions are available from greeting guests to crowd control.

In exchange for your time and talents, you will receive a Detroit International River Days Volunteer T-shirt, complimentary parking (with shuttle service to the festival), first priority for volunteer opportunities for the 2008 River Days, and for every shift you work, entry in the volunteer drawing for great prizes.

Additional information and the River Days Volunteer Application are attached.

More event information is available at www.detroitriverdays.com.

Continue your community involvement. Sign up today.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.