Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Looters at fatal fire site « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 154
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's bad enough that a guy loses his kids and his wife in a fire but then have your house picked over by looters really rubs the salt in.
Nothing is sacred these days. Next thing you know, they'll be picking gold out of dead people's teeth if the cops don't there fast enough.

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... nothing new...

grave robbing is an ancient career.

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... just as they are doing to shipwrecks..

Caldogven
Username: Caldogven

Post Number: 46
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alexei
You MUST be kidding!

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 752
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's this Mad Max bullschitt that drives me nuts about this city. And Southwest isn't even one of Detroit's bad neighborhoods. Unbelievable.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As much as I love Detroit, when I lived there I had a hard time internalizing the fact that I shared acreage with a fair number of completely lost souls who had absolutely no sense of respect for themselves or others. No sense of value to their own lives, much less the lives of their neighbors. Content to wallow in their weaknesses with no effort toward improving their lives or surroundings. Take, take, take. etc, etc.

I could go on, but you know what I mean. Pathetic.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's like the night of the living dead.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 980
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's the story here? Is this the one that happened in Flint?

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Eric...Detroit...just a few days ago. Father was the only survivor of a terrible house fire, and he is badly burned. Now his possessions, what was left of them, are gone as well. Very sad indeed.

Savannahsmiles
Username: Savannahsmiles

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad's house in Delray got blown to smithereens on Devil's Night 1984 (think that's right year) while he was away in TN. My brothers and I had to take turns sitting parked in our cars on the lot next door to keep people out. Disgusting.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11585
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was somebody going to steal the smithereens or something?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 519
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on, Gdub. You said all that can be said about these creeps.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 731
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Was somebody going to steal the smithereens or something?

Wow, such sensitivity towards crime from a person applying to the police force. It goes right along with your past history of justifying crimes against people who "deserve them" and your general insensitive attitude towards various instances of crime. Do everyone a favor and choose a career other than law enforcement, Detroit already has enough douchebags on its police force.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow, such sensitivity towards crime from a person applying to the police force.

No kidding Warriorfan, like his infamous blog he is so full of himself. Just wait till he is walking down Grand River to Chelis with the Big Nosed Babe and someone pops a few caps in his butt for funzies or in the Red Devil mutts, he will be the first one crying and moaning. Lest we forget, he "carries his piece 90% of the time" even when he walks through WSU so he should be ok...ROTFLMAO.

Higgs1634
Username: Higgs1634

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread dovetails nicely with the "scared visitors" thread doesnt it? I mean, how could anyone think vast portions of Detroit are lawless wastelands?

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People value fancy sunglasses more than they do peoples' lives. It's apparent when they take both if you don't give them what they want. This should come as no surprise. Concentrated, urban poverty at its worst.

The American Dream was not intended for everybody.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.