Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Gateway Deli - Fort St. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nyct
Username: Nyct

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed it opened recently ... has anyone eaten here yet? is it any good? i plan on going at lunch to check it out.

Archy
Username: Archy

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its ok. the service was very slow though...they just didn't have enough wait staff. Its more of a sit-down restaurant than its former tenant cafe 333. Watch out the salami sandwich is huge.

Sbradke
Username: Sbradke

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I work in the building so I've been there a few times. The sandwiches are huge and they have real rye bread. I agree the service is slow - especially if you are carrying-out. Hopefully they'll work out the kinks.

Formerspringgardener
Username: Formerspringgardener

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there for the first time yesterday around 11:30 for a sit down lunch and the service was fine.

Had the the tuna melt and it was very good.

It's going to be in my regular rotation for lunch.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 618
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've eaten there twice and I enjyoed it twice. It's extremely convenient too.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 926
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where on Fort?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 619
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the first floor of the Fort Washington Plaza Building--333 W. Fort. Ironically, at the corner of Fort and Washington. :-)

Big_daddy
Username: Big_daddy

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Former Money Tree.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 825
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the owners doing anything original or is it just a rehash of the last two "deli's" that have occupied the location? With the exception of Eph's, there are far too many places downtown trying to make a living off of selling mediocre corned beef sandwiches.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5918
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gateway Deli is Jewish owned and operated ( Maybe) bringing you tasty ( Kosher) food to Downtown Detroit.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.