Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » DTW airport is raked 2nd in JD Prower Survey « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jd Power survey raked Metro Airport 2nd in overall customer satisfaction among large US airports( 30 million plus)for 2007. The factors are
Airport Accessibility
This factor is based on how passengers rate the ease of leaving a terminal and dropping off passengers in front of a terminal; overall parking; the direction and traffic flow on airport grounds; and the attractiveness of airport grounds.

Check-In/Baggage Check
This factor is based on how passengers rate the ease of finding check-in location and baggage check-in; speed of check-in process; professionalism of check-in staff; and cleanliness of the check-in area.

Security Check
This factor is based on how passengers rate the amount of time required for security check; the professionalism of the security check staff; and the ability of the security process to make you feel safe.

Terminal Facilities
This factor is based on how passengers rate the directions inside the terminal; the cleanliness of the terminal and restrooms; and the level of comfort in the airport.

Food & Beverage
This factor is based on how passengers rate the choices, quality of food, and speed of service.

Retail Services
This factor is based on how passengers rate the choices, quality of retail services, and professionalism of staff.

Baggage Claim
This factor is based on how passengers rate the ease of finding the baggage claim area; the physical condition/cleanliness of the baggage claim area; and the speed of baggage delivery.

Immigration/Customs Control
This factor is based on how passengers rate their overall immigration/customs control experience at the airport.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070522/BUS INESS05/70522023
http://www.jdpower.com/util/ra tings/results.aspx?study_id=10 5&vertical=Travel&v1=Large

Malcovemagnesia
Username: Malcovemagnesia

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The survey almost certainly polled customers only at the newer McNamara terminal side of the airport.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Debbie Downer...

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 305
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Smith Terminal...now especially the baggage and gate areas look third world...the ticketing area could be 60's cool if it were maintained. good riddance i say. I guess the accessibility rating does not include transit access, which would rank Detroit very low.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 848
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any real accessibility rating would include transit options to and from the airport. That being said, parking, parking shuttle services, and accessibility (and distance) from business areas and residential areas should also be included.

http://www.jdpower.com/travel/ ratings/airports/index.asp

I was surprised to see Pearson (Toronto) fair so poorly, however it looks like all the Canadian airports surveyed received the same score so there must be an error on the website.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TOTAL Debbie Downer...geesh negative nancy, peptoabismal or whatever your name is.

This is a great thing...how cool. When the new North Terminal opens maybe they'll be #1.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I can say is, I just flew out of the much lamented Smith terminal, to LAX and LAX made the Smith look like a palace.

Decent food offerings (we took sandwiches from Chili's to go on the plane) clean, while all that was available in our LAX terminal was a filthy sports bar.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 818
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTW is head and shoulders above where it was a couple years ago...

...but I agree with someone above who mentioned the transit situation. I understand that's not under the airport's control, but no public transit accessibility makes it so inconvenient.

Dtwflyer
Username: Dtwflyer

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old Smith terminal may be old, shabby, and unattractive, but from a convenience factor, it still rates very high.

DTW has a world class airport with the NW Worldgateway and airfield (runway layout) with ample capacity. One of the remaining pieces, the new North terminal is well on its way to completion.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 849
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTW is getting there....

As for transit not being the airport's concern, Vancouver's airport is spending $300 million (of the total $2 billion cost) to help build a transit line between downtown Vancouver and the airport.

http://www.canadaline.ca/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C anada_Line

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6260
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny you should mention that UIO. I just flew back from Vancouver yesterday. What a mess! Everything is under construction in preparation for the 2010 olympics. The main transit in Vancouver is the skytrain. It's just like the people mover only it actually takes you places, and it run across the entire metro area.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 886
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DTW rules. The best thing that's happened to the region in my lifetime. It's a huge economic driver. I don't think people fully appreciate the economic impact of the aiport. And it has tons more potential. It's a gem. I love flying out of it and I love the fact that tens of millions of connecting passengers (the vast majority of users are not from Detroit) get a favorable impression of Detroit.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our quilt is coming together, finally. It's no secret that we are the last frontier in the United States. Our street grid, our river, our riverfront, our island park, our majestic theaters, homes, skyscapers, museums, and even our abandoned factories all represent a bright future for a now changing demographic. 2012 will be our year to truly shine. Thats the year we will probably be at 700,000 people. Bottoming out, making room for the people that pledged decades ago they would be back to reclaim this beautiful city and "remix" the cities energy and vitality. The end

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.