Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » In need of a MAP « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All,
I have become quite a fan of ruins and historic high-rises downtown. Does anyone know of a map I can download/print, which lists the good ruins and historic buildings of Detroit? I would like to save the time and hassle of making my own map. My girlfriend and I are planning on walking around downtown this weekend to take in the sites and indulge in some good ol German food at Jacoby's. Thanks for the help!

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3291
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bottom of this page:

https://www.detroityes.com/toc.htm# Maps

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This might be helpful as well http://detroit1976.naviciti.co m/

P.S.
"...which lists the good ruins and historic buildings of Detroit..."
Be careful using the word 'good' to describe the ruins of Detroit. Some people might think that you think Detroit's ruins are good.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You need a map to find ruins and historic buildings in Detroit? I'd be hard-pressed to find a spot in Detroit where I could turn 360 degrees and not see several of each. Or are you looking for more landmark-type buildings like MCS and the Broderick Tower?

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By "Good" I mean landmark types. Heck you walk half a block and pass by 2 or 3 abandon buildings. I'm looking for the "Highlight" tour. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.