Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit in part of Miami segment of British show Top Gear « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nere
Username: Nere

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how many of you know of this show, but it's name is Top Gear. It's a British show that stars cars. They test drive Lambos, Ferraris, etc. In this episode, they are supposed to go to America and buy a car for under $1000 US. Supposedly, they are in Miami, but if you skip ahead to 5:54, you will see a sign from the corner of Wyoming and Michigan... unless I'm mistaken. Help?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qz ZoT6zDBs

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 968
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, seems you're right. There's a Yum Yum Donuts at 9515 Michigan and Club Venus at 9506.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you "skip ahead" on a streaming video?

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, Top Gear is a great show. Try and find the clip where they almost get mobbed by rednecks, pretty funny.

But yeah, you're right, it's Michigan Avenue. Good eyes.

Canuckr
Username: Canuckr

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Top Gear rocks!

There suppose to be doing a American version of the show soon..

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4082
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sure was... I pass that corner every day. Seem as if there were a couple of Detroit scenes where they always seem to say they are going to places that are the "lowest of the low"...

(Message edited by Detroit_stylin on May 15, 2007)

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So was the theme of this show basically to rip on everything American? I won't lie. I chuckled a lot, but geez. How dumb were these guys to think they could buy a decent car for a grand?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4084
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were Brits...'nuff said...

Nere
Username: Nere

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't wait, if they are making an American version to this where we can rip on everything British ;)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.