Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Kite boarding in detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Davidmausolf
Username: Davidmausolf

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I'm finally going to be moving up to Detroit from Florida, probably one of the few under 20 people doing this, but I have been increasingly been involved in a sport called "kite boarding".

http://www.kiteboardingmag.com /index.jsp

The main thing kite boarders need is water + wind = kite boarding. Is there any good spots on Lake Erie that have wind, and or what time of day would they be good to check out?

Maybe Michigan will be the next Kite boarding Mecca.
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David-
I have no idea if people do that stuff around here, but I'd be willing to bet you might have a better chance on St. Clair than Erie.

Beyond that, this sport looks fun as hell to me. I've seen people do it out here in CA, but don't know anyone who does it. I'm sure it takes skill, shape, experience and all that jazz, but how do you go about trying something like this? I'd love to give it a go!

Oh, and welcome to the D. With an open mind you will come to appreciate it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.