Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » New Freep Photos of Riverwalk « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

actual progress and timeline for future progress.

http://media.freep.com/flash/2 007/riverfront0514/index.html

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 298
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

might add a P.S. here.

There is a note #2 that the newer part of the Riverwalk will have wider path for 2 miles with separate paths for walking and biking.

Those who have done these kinds of paths can really appreciate what it means to separate bikers from walkers.

Bikers (some very fast), runners (say 6 - 10 MPH) and (walkers 3 - 4 MPH) can be a real problem on narrow paths.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1679
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's nice to see an actual map.

Does anyone know if the riverwalk will actually go along the river where Harbortown is? (from Adair to Mt. Elliott) Or somewhere reasonably close to the river, i.e. not all the way back to Jefferson? The map implies that it will run along the river there, but that would be a significant change to the marina at Harbortown.

Also, is Hart Plaza connected to the Ren Cen riverwalk yet?

I biked around much of the riverwalk a few weeks ago, and there are some major new stretches, but very little of it is really connected to the street grid yet.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 166
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hart Plaza is connected to the GM plaza now. I walked it a few weeks ago. Its not the final product but there is a paved pathway.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9143
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the pathway still temp asphalt. I believe it was like that about 1-2 weeks ago. It did connect and served it's function but it was certainly not complete.

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still partially asphalt as of yesterday. It's been that way since the winter. I imagine it may stay that way until the Port Authority Terminal gets built.

Off topic, but a pet peeve. Can't the Freep put things through spell check before they publish? "$93 million has ben raised" and "Restrooms and sesecurity..." are two typos that jump out at me from their riverfront graphic. Doesn't anybody edit this stuff?

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1681
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, good news about the Hart Plaza-RenCen connection, I'll have to check it out.

Keith
Username: Keith

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RE: Harbortown- We were biking through Harbortown a few weeks back and it appears that the riverwalk goes between the marina and the Harbortown residential areas. There is a fence blocking access to Harbortown. This is good news.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.