Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Eastland Mall « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know what is up with the excavation of the parking lot off of Vernier? New store or restaurant hopefully?

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 178
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chili's Restaurant

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reetz12_ Hows brother Brent doing? Still at Eastland!

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for starting this. It brings up another question. Anyone know what's happening at the Target. It's all screwed up in there. I wonder why they're expanding when their present structure was just fine.

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I asked at Target if they were going to make it a super target and I was told yes. Meaning they will sell groceries or at least have a larger food section.

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its speculated that Target is expanding because there are plans to put a WalMart in the location of Notre Dame/Regina High School.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Walmart - OH NO! I know a lot of people will like it, but I won't.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh wow, this is actually a good sign. I don't quite believe the Wal-MArt plan, but from the way y'all are speaking, the land at Eastland is rising in Value again (which is a good thing) because that value may spread into parts of NE Detroit. What I'm noticing is that it's turning from a actual Shopping Indoor Center to an Arcade with all the development outside the main Center.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 13, 2007)

Urbanize

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I asked at Target if they were going to make it a super target and I was told yes. Meaning they will sell groceries or at least have a larger food section."

No, Super Targets is exactly like Super K's and Wal-MArt. So they will have all the Meats, Produce, Pharmacies, Deli, bakery, and possibly one of those Unknown bank branches in it. This development will definitely bring the Grosse Pointers to Eastland.

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wal-Mart=Lame

At least Target tries to have some more "up scale" things for sale. I cringe whenever i walk into Wal-Mart.

Is that where they sell WALL stuff???

Urbanize

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"At least Target tries to have some more "up scale" things for sale. I cringe whenever i walk into Wal-Mart."

If y'all call Rainbow kiddy colors with crazy designs "Up Scale", then I must not be "Up Scale" then.

If anything, K-Mart has gotten rather upscale in the past 5-10 years. Come on, $12 for a 150 oz of Tide is rather expensive and affordable by the upscale folks

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 438
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey the Target in Commerce was selling Coach purses for a while.

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't that a bit TOO much? A Wal-Mart @ Eastland? with the expansion(s) of Harper Woods HS, Target, and a possible Chilli's being built, that may be stretching it. That's WAY 2 good 2 be true.

Applesauce
Username: Applesauce

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I heard the same thing about Wal-mart. I agree about cringing whenever I enter.

I was hoping the city of Harper Woods would acquire the Notre Dame property. We could sure use more fields/area for our local Little League. I believe Harper Woods has the old ND football field?

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know whats going on with the section of the parking lot that is torn up? It looks like that section is raised a little. Maybe new signage?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.