Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Dexter-Linwood Neighborhood « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kville
Username: Kville

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All right you west-siders out there, as an east sider trying to identify various city neighborhoods, I need help. Specifically, I'm working on the area east of Dexter and west of the Lodge above W. Grand Blvd. Certain neighborhoods pop up in that area, like Virginia Park, part of the Boston-Edison area, and even areas that I've seen identified as "12th St" and "Lasalle Gardens." But in that area I have also seen the names "Dexter-Linwood, Linwood-Davison, Fenkell-Linwood, Joy-Dexter, and Monterey-Dexter." Can any of you help me name sections of that area and determine if these are separate neighborhoods or are simply alternative names for the same territory? If they are separate neighborhoods, where would you draw lines between them?

I would assume that the area I've seen identified as Fenkell-Linwood refers to the more northerly section (above Oakman Blvd), but maybe I'm wrong. I have also seen city planning maps use names like Durfee (after a school in the area) and other names like Russell Woods or Petoskey-Otsego for areas west of Dexter. Any help you can give?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.