Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 7mile2belleisle TV show « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4403
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone ever watched this show on one of the higher channels. It's great! You get to see local rappers living in Detroit. The host is some guy named Parellee and he takes the show all throughout the city. I have it on channel 98, so i doubt many people watch it.

http://profile.myspace.com/ind ex.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro file&friendID=107045594

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love this show, this and Hip Hop dance party both on channel 71. I really want a 7mile to belle isle t-shirt and they play this one song "takes money to make money" that I can never get out of my head. Never got this stuff living in the burbs!

Patrick

Post Number: 4404
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The song "takes money to make money" could get major airplay on MTV.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't seen the show, but I believe I have heard "Takes Money to Make Money" before. If it's the song I'm thinking of, it's by "Stretch Money". The production sounds a little dated, but It's a pretty hot track nonetheless.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 739
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, Anybody remember the New Dance Show?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I have that song "Takes Money to Make Money" by Stretch Money on my computer lol... the club people love it.

That show is hood, but informational to say the least. I love the the low key-ness of it..

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

turn on channel 71 now for Hip Hop dance party which is awesome

http://www.myspace.com/hiphopdanceshow

(Message edited by chi-taku on May 09, 2007)

(Message edited by chi-taku on May 09, 2007)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2760
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patrick, I've seen it a few times and just love it because of the all the local scenery in the videos.

The only non-prominent Detroit rappers I have in my itunes is the group Tape. Tons of stuff with Detroit-related lyrics, with a pretty legit sound. Anyone have any other suggestions.

Patrick

Post Number: 4405
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kinda cool to see how they shoot downtown at the State and Belle Isle. They even do shows in the various high schools as well.

Swbaby12345
Username: Swbaby12345

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dirty Glove Entertainment- Belle Isle to 7 mile!
Yeh they got some good shots of the city,RIMS- can't forget those,and local rappers/hip hop artists. K deezy on there too!

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That show is a trip. I've seen it late on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. It's more comical than anything. Shooting your video inside the strip club or rapping out in front of your favorite liquor store? Nothing like pandering to stereotypes.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Tons of stuff with Detroit-related lyrics, with a pretty legit sound.

I am sure he will be relieved to know that the white kid from Grosse Pointe thinks his sound is "legit".

Emuaaron
Username: Emuaaron

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Favorite Dirty Glove Song - Count My Dope Money by K Deezy. Love the Dirty Glove Network.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 220
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, i didnt know it still came on...i loved Parallee

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bring back Nat Morris and "The Scene"

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2767
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dabirch, I don't think most artists care who purchases or listens to their music, just that they purchase or listen to it.

Screw you. If you have something you want to say about the subject, go for it. If you want to respond with something other than an ad hominem attack, again, that's cool. Don't be an idiot, though, on a harmless thread.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got my mind on my money, money on my mind!

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 314
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Countin' mah dope money...

Or the other fave by Waxamillion: "Ain't Got No Panties On"

7 Mile to Belle Isle...
Turbulence
(pronounced "turblense" and repeated to the sounds of a warped record playing Puff the Magic Dragon)
Video Vibe
Video Go Go
On Da Move

Cosa Nostra Records

Toussant in the HOUSE! Live from the "Castle" in Berry Subdivision...

Channel 20, 68, and 71 Comcast digital.

Detroit Local Access at it's finest!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.