Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What's going on at Burrough's and Cass? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 536
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what's going on at Burroughs and Cass across Borroughs from American Beauty Building behind the Burroughs Lofts (Jonna)? I saw construction crews there today and the windows were covered and it seemed there was some restoration going on

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4055
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is another part of the Tech Town project. WHen al is said and done, every building that you see from Baltimore down to 94 will either be a rehab or a new building. The building you are inquiring about will be Tech 3...

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're talking about the building immediately to the west of the New Amsterdam Lofts on the southeast corner of Burroughs and Cass, then it's going to be a police station of some sort. I was in touch with Judy Jonna about the New Amsterdam Lofts and she said WSU Security was renovating it for their permanent home.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that the building at 6050 Cass? -- if so, that was a Packard dealership, and the last (somewhat) intact "original era" (teens-twenties) Packard dealership building in the city.

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin and Rugbyman seem to be confident in their statements and are clearly talking about the same building....unless Detroit_stylin was confused by my description. I wonder which one it is

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.