Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 2007 freedom March « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 290
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I Propose a july 23 2007 Freedom March to look at the detroit 40 years later and to lift the negative stigma that the 67 riots has left on the city. If Detroit is to recover they have to bridge that gap. A Multiracial non violent unified march with comparable numbers to the 1963 march. Is this a feasible Idea?

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 429
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judging from what I see in the news lately, forget it. In short, these things turn into violent riots with kids being dragged along with it. People are too radicalized today. Sorry, but I want nothing to do with 'peace'.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 204
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would say it could work as long as the LAPD are no where near.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4388
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of LAPD asshattery, they showed cameramen being beaten by the LAPD. What the hell is wrong with police? Wonder how much better the DPD would have handled that situation.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.