Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Black Smoke off of 94 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nyct
Username: Nyct

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

passed it about 6:45 this morning. does anyone know what was burning?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 939
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...paging bulletmagnet...

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

94 in Milwaukee or...where?

Nyct
Username: Nyct

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

neat the gratiot exit

Mcwalbucksnfitch
Username: Mcwalbucksnfitch

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well that pinpoints it right down

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IT was a house fire. You could see it going up and down Gratiot (commuting into downtown). They had that whole portion of Cadillac and Harper blocked off. It was on that street there I can't seems to remember (Oh, Hurlbut), right at the corner, across from the YMCA.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 04, 2007)

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 405
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad I missed this one. I was at work at that time doing this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yw4XmpSObP4

Urbanize

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

seems fun. At least you're keeping our fine city clean.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 946
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might as well jack the thread, since you didn't get any photos of the fire.

I was wondering how often the City of Detroit sweeps it streets. Is it like every night? Down here in Charlotte, I think that they do it too often, about every other night. Also they have big tank trucks that they fill up with water and just spray down the streets. All in all things look a little too clean here in Charlotte almost to the extent of vacant.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^^^WELL SHEESH, YOU GUYS EITHER DON'T CREATE THE RIGHT THREADS OR CREATE DUMB ONES! THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF NOT CREATING PROPER THREADS AND JACKING OTHER!

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullet, I have never seen you in that thing. Was that really you driving it? If so what did you almost hit when you can to a quick stop?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was behind a street sweeper (outside Detroit) a few days ago and he was leaving more junk behind him than was in front of him. I conveniently caught up to him later in the day and mentioned it to him. He just smiled and shrugged and said he knew about it and that he'd probably have to go over it four times.

Well that's just going to leave four times as much crap on the street that wasn't there before, right?

It's an apt metaphor for the White House these days.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think two guys died in that house fire.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 406
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll go and sweep up the bodies. See, this thread ain't hijacked after all.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.