Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Anyone else in the Semi Pro Movie? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got brought in to be an extra for the movie. We filmed in Downtown Flint. My squire was in several shots. It was like 56Packman warned, they put brown fingerpaint all over my chrome, and sprayed the side of the car with dirt water to tone down glare. Damn that shit was hard to wash off. Filmed at State fair grounds today. They feed us real good. I didn't recognize any stars, one of the other extras said they saw Will Ferrall with her Field Glasses. They cleared us all from the set.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching the filming in front of the Journal Building. It is a really cool thing to watch. This movie is doing a lot of great things for this area. They invested $20,000 into the Capitol Theatre marquee to get it back to working order. That on top of the restoring of several storefronts that have been long boarded up. Things that are going to have a lasting effect.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 802
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will Ferrell has been in town for a few days. Sightings galore.

Where else are they filming besides the Fairgrounds?

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 700
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Ferrell was at Slow's BBQ the other day.

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 103
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so the filming is going on in Detroit or Flint or both?

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

both

Cambrian

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Filming is supposed to wrap up Thursday. We were at the Fairgrounds Mon/ Tuesday. That's the home of the fictitious Flint Team's arena. Filming back in Flint today tomorrow. Lots of fake snow for winter scenes. Fun stuff! Long ass days though. I did not leave the fairgrounds until 4am last shooting.

Cambrian

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wrapped up last night. They are finishing up tonight in Flint. I could not make it for the last night as I have a final. That was the make up of the extra cast, retirees, or students, due to the amount of hours required. Tuesday at the Fairgrounds was the big day, 400 extras. I got in two scenes during my week, running out of the State fair coliseum cheering, and running out of Capitol Theater in Flint Cheering "FOURTH PLACE". The squire got into a bunch of shots sunday, one actually with me driving it. The Ambo, they did not seem to like as much, it was just a background car parked in different shots. Met a lot of cool people. No big stars though, I learned a lot about movie production. I'd say it's an experience everyone should try at least once. They pay was not that good, nothing you could do full time.

Mercman
Username: Mercman

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian,
I also know someone who has a car in the movie- a tan-colored '65-66 Impala.

What cars of yours should we be looking for? Can you describe them?

Cambrian

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I recall the Impala. I had a brown '74 Ford Country Squire for the first two days, and a Green '68 Ambassador the last two days.

Mercman
Username: Mercman

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. I'll look for them when the movie comes out.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.