Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bagley Vision closed? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what's going on with Bagley Vision on Bagley near 14th? The sign is out on the sidewalk, but every time I've driven by, the door is chained. It's the best place for cheap glasses!

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 378
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm purchased glasses there. i love the store. no update, though.

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about the glasses store, but the illegal underground afterhours techno club located in that building has been silent so far this spring. Yay!

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 89
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to the afterhours place once.

Can't say that I'm sad to see it go.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 420
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psewick,

It wasn't a techno club. Please don't associate that word with that place. Illegal underground afterhours club will do nicely. :-)

Andylinn

Post Number: 383
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i need a new pair of vintage/nerdy/prescription sunglasses (have to have one for every mood, you know) it better not be closed.

Oldestuff
Username: Oldestuff

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

try ringing the bell

Andylinn

Post Number: 389
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good idea, oldestuff. i'll go by and check later this week and give you cats an answer.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bagley vision moved from their location on bagley a few years ago to a location on library street downtown. about a year ago they again moved to bloomfield hills:

Bagley Optical, Inc., 4066 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 Tel: (248) 723-4226

however, i couldn't tell you if they're still open there or not. they used to have a website, but it's not working anymore...

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

bagley vision moved from their location on bagley a few years ago to a location on library street downtown. about a year ago they again moved to bloomfield hills:

Bagley Vision and Bagley Optical are 2 different businesses owned by members of the same family. Bagley Optical was located on Library and moved to Bloomfield Hills. Bagley Vision remained on Bagley and never moved to Library.

Oldestuff
Username: Oldestuff

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

George lives in the building, that's why I suggested just ringing the bell. DRM - Vision does the exam, Optical makes the glasses. I believe it's father and daughter.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, interesting. i always thought they were the same company. thanx drm.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.