Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Best INVESTMENT In DETROIT « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mg2007
Username: Mg2007

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where does everyone think is the best INVESTMENT in detroit for the long run on a condo-loft

What area and project??

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 998
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Tri-Centennial Park project and Michigan/Griswold/Capital Park one.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anywhere near Comerica/Fox. It is close to all the downtown stuff, close to Tigers, close to Ford Field, and I would bet big that it will soon be close to a brand new Red Wings arena as well.

Plus it is already the hottest location in the city.

Location location location :-)

Of course I'm no expert. But that's where I'd go.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Anywhere near Comerica/Fox. It is close to all the downtown stuff, close to Tigers, close to Ford Field, and I would bet big that it will soon be close to a brand new Red Wings arena as well."

Midtown is pretty good too. I think the best area for loft development will be between the New Center and downtown, and along the river.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 851
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that it would be difficult to lose basically in any half-way decent neighborhood in Detroit. The city certainly can't go down anymore, and I think that the facts have proven that it is obviously picking up in desirability in many areas. It doesn't take a genius to find one of those areas. Some will be better than others, chances are, you won't lose.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4193
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Top floors of the Broderick Tower!

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The view's from 1001 Woodward blew me away. There are no individual windows...its all glass from floor to ceiling.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Artistic,

Do the windows in 1001 Woodward open? I had an office there about 12 years ago, and if I recall correctly, they didn't.

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They do not open as far as I know. Pierre said last year that the developer was looking into options for some windows to open

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. I think I would have a problem buying a place without the ability to get fresh air.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8923
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My home. I'm sure that there a lot of people on this forum that would help the cause if they could say the same.

In the interim we will debate what is the best place to park for a Lions game.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Highland Park....watch what I tell ya

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9015
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

In the interim we will debate what is the best place to park for a Lions game.

Parking lot behind MY home.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.