Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Local Computer Help « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have a good recommendation for a local guy or gal who can help me with some PC problems? I DO NOT want to send it out (laptop), I want to sit there with them while they help me fix it, for pay of course.

I cannot get my windows media player to place music in the library, and I just got a Zune for my birthday and that software is fakakta too. Argh.

Any suggestions or recommendations on local PC help would be greatly appreciated!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4878
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been relatively happy with the computer place in the Penobscot on Griswold.

Quinn

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, they don't take your computer do they? All I need is to figure out the music issue. I use the computer for work to and can't go without it.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4879
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends on the issue.

They're great just talking you through stuff, but fairly quick when they have to delve into the innards.

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try putting your problem in a google search, I've found ideas to fix my pc that way, it may be a problem some one else has had also...just a thought..

Quinn

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've searched alot today. I just need to pay an expert.

I've sent my computer away before and it was a REAL pain, I had to find a temp computer to work on, and when I got it back they didn't fix the problem. When you're not there with them, that disconnect really doesn't work. I was faced with the problem...send it back again and roll the dice and suffer with a temp computer? or live with the problem. I lived with the problem.

It sucks...

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn:

Do you still need help?

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 499
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure about the quality of Geek Squad, but they do come to you -- and its a chain.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.