Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Cleaners Across from Park Bar « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a random question...there is a sign for a cleaners with a phone number on it on an abandoned building (pardon my ignorance I don't know what the building is) across from the Park Bar on the other side of Park. Does anyone know when that cleaners was in operation and how long ago it went out of business. What is the history of that building? I am just fascinated with all the abandoned buildings and wouldve loved to see how they looked before they were abandoned. Obviously there are thousands around the city but that one just caught my eye when I was at the bar.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 151
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i sat at park bar thinking the same thing, only trying to fastforward to Detroit 2010 when it will a fully functional hotel boutiqe

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2052
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, closed since the 80's I think.

All I know was the area was at least occupied when my dad moved out of the Kales in the 80's.

But I can't vouch for this actual cleaners. I guess basically this is a typical post with no info, but I needed to weigh in.

Foodcity
Username: Foodcity

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to www.buildingsofdetroit.com, it is the Charlevoix Building. (2029 Park Avenue).

It was built in 1905.

The Park Bar is a great place. I love it there!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.