Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Vernor Police station protest? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am wondering what the story is behind these photos what year etc.

http://tinyurl.com/2yw4zj

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 473
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Demonstrators protest policeman's fatal shooting of Kenneth Evans.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 810
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah , that is the caption on the first photo in Urbanoutdoors' link. Guess he/she didn't look quite that far.

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was able to see that, but I am just wondering the whole story and what year this happened.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My records indicated that Evans was shot with Cynthia Scott. That might be the protest that I mentioned in the other thread.

Just a word to Urbanoutdoors, try to keep your topics in one thread, having a zillion of them scattered all over and hard to reference stuff.
This thread should have been under the other one you started about Scott or the DPD.
You don't get extra points for lots of threads :-)

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't look at them with full captions if I had realized the timeline i would have realized the coincidence of the dates. My Bad.

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 240
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No extra points for more threads? I QUIT THEN! LOL

Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip,

I have read accounts of the Scott case in at least 2 books and there is no mention of a second person being shot. There is mention of protests though, on July 13th 1963.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.