Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Be careful in the parks, after dark « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The 25-year-old said she asked to step out of the vehicle to urinate. The officer allegedly shined a flashlight on her as she did so and she said she noticed he was masturbating.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070419/NEW S01/70419027

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't wait to hear the other side of that story.

And what were the 4 people doing in a van at 3:00am in Chandler Park before the cop showed up?

My guess would be it had something to do with sex acts...

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 696
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be careful of the Detroit PD. This is terrible. These f%^&* accost my girlfriend everytime she goes running or walking.
They're here to protect us and they're saying lewd stuff to my girlfriend. Now making people suck off others in front of them.

I don't want to see Ella talking. I want her doing something.

Vas

Post Number: 697
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So it was ok, as long as they were already doing sex acts? Dabirch?

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or it could be two couples who got caught banging making it it up to get the cop in trouble?

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Or it could be two couples who got caught banging making it it up to get the cop in trouble?"

And it just so happened that they lucked out and got a cop who was currently under investigation for previous criminal sexual conduct.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh susanarosa, maybe thats where I was trying to take it.

Vas -- if the story is 100% accurate then the cop should be fired and prosecuted.

Regardless of what the people were doing in the car.

All I was saying was that it will be interesting to hear what was going on in the car and to hear to other side of the story.

And by the way, I think the title of this thread should be changed to:

"be careful in the parks after they are closed and it is unlawful to enter them and to be parked in a van with 3 other people doing god knows what."

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, yeah Dabirch, I kinda figured that was the point you were trying to make.

It should be interesting to see if the on-board camera caught anything.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Or it could be two couples who got caught banging making it it up to get the cop in trouble?"

Then why didn't the cop arrest them? Or ticket them?

Dabirch

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the smell of old burning wood?

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're a jackass, go play in the sand.

Vas

Post Number: 698
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dabirch, Where are you going with all this? Now they deserve it by being in the park after hours?

you're looking for every which way to, if true, excuse the inexcusable.
The enforcers of our society should never sexually dominate us.

I hope you are a former police officer, because thats the only way I can see anyone saying the things you are.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this thread is quickly reaching HOF status.

when are we going to hear Sgt. Dabirch's incident report and the other side of the story?

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3790
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Maybe the smell of old burning wood?

What caused the burning on the old wood, anyway?

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moderator--please move Skulker's post to the "Burned Out Structures in the City" thread.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What caused the burning on the old wood, anyway?

Friction, obviously.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3948
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Susan

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 792
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reference to the cop's being investigated for 1st degree criminal sexual conduct is that this episode is being investigated for those charges - not something else. Criminal sexual conduct can be in the first degree if the perpetrator is in a position of authority over the victim:
"Criminal sexual conduct in the first and second degree typically apply to conduct involving personal injury to the victim; the use or threatened use of force, violence, or a dangerous weapon; or victims who are extremely young."

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 383
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy must have recently viewed the movie bad Lieutenant.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 549
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought csc 1st degree was penetration of 13 and younger?

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southwestmap:

You are correct... I misread the portion at the bottom of the article thinking it said something about a previous incident.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vas --

I am not saying anything of the sort.

I stated the the officer, if the story is true, should be fired and prosecuted. It is an absolute disgusting abuse of power.

I also said that I cannot wait to hear the whole story.

Regardless of the story -- if an officer did a quid pro quo then he should face justice.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5235
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see, Eastsiders, defend this! Chandler Park, ain't that East of Woodward?

jjaba, LOL.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My son was driving through Rouge Park (on Outer Drive) and had car trouble (really) and pulled over. The cops rolled up and gave him and his buddy a ticket for being in a park after dark (it was 9:30 and they were waiting on the tow truck). They went to court and it was thrown out because the park closes at 10:30 and they had the documentation that they were there for a reason. My issue is...it's a road going through a park and allowances need to be made for those having car trouble (that can be documented).

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 881
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Based on the article, you have:
two couples in their 20's illegally in the park at 3:30 in the morning
with criminal records
drinking beer

There is nothing indicating a past indiscretion by the cop

I believe the cop who is again out risking his life to protect... you

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is true of nearly every park. Only a dumbass walks around a park late at night. Or somebody with bad intentions.

Actually, I accidentally walked into Capitol Park at night. That was pretty scary.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What, like 7:00 in the evening?

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol. I lived in Capitol Park for almost three years. It was a lively neighborhood to say the least, but I was never hurt.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there at about 10:30 or 11. It was pretty dark. The thing that was most frightening was that there were people.

The complete lack of people on the streets was pretty reassuring when walking around. I'm not being sarcastic.

Milwaukee

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be mistaken. Capitol Park is right by the Stott and the Book Cadillac right off of CM. Correct?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5236
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, serveral thoroughfares run through River Rouge Park, Plymouth Rd, Joy Rd., W. Warren Avenue, and W. Outer Drive. People should not be stopped on those streets. Nightime on Spinoza Drive is quite a bit more sketchy.

jjaba, cruising.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be scared ****less hanging out in Chandler Park in the wee hours, and it wouldn't be the cops I was afraid of.
Not too bad in the daytime, though.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5237
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anything East of Woodward Ave. is scary.

jjaba.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 809
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"'The officer said, ‘You need to make this worth my while,’' which the four later told police they understood to mean 'the officer wanted to see a sex act.'"

Sounds like a little bit far fetched story from these 4 people in the park...

Since that shooting of two offices on routine patrol a few years ago, I thought that all routine patrol vehicles had to have two officers in them.

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I the only one who finds this story the tiniest bit titillating?

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 560
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 888
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Spitty.

Perfect smilies.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4344
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Officer Dabirch,

Do you know what they were doing in the car? I mean did you actually look in the car and see what they were doing? Did you inquiries were ever made about the car that parking in the lot in the park? I don't know, but as you've stated, it appears you have no evidence or questions were asked in regards to the car.

I live down here, and I'm sorry, but Detroit has bigger problems than the behavior in this car. I want to inform you that in my neighborhood, like most any other in Detroit, we deal with break-ins, car thefts, wheel and tire theft, the occasional mugging at gunpoint, and perhaps once a year or so, shots being fired, as they have now twice in the past year at one gas station. I highly doubt anybody you are condemning for alleged sex in a car was the same people commiting crimes in my neighborhood.

In all honesty, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I am resting my case upon this argument, as it were.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11505
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look, another fan! LMAO

Dabirch

Post Number: 2254
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are everywhere sport.

You keep blogging and the fans will keep coming.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4345
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please never, ever stop.

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love to see what the cop has to say about this. It sounds to me like we might have some people trying to make some money off of the Detroit PD. Now if he did it, fire him and put him in jail, but this story just sounds too wierd. One cop, telling 4 people to perform sexual acts and not one of them objects??? Also, what about the police video camera???

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. Something smells rotten about the whole thing. Unless there's some footage from the video in the cop car, it's going to end up being his word against theirs.
I don't want to be judgmental, but would you assume four people hanging out in a car at Chandler Park at 4 a.m. are fine, upstanding citizens who would never lie about what went on that night?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5240
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two cops and you got the beginning of a circle jerk.

Sounds like the cop "fingered" the suspects with evidence in hand.

jjaba, ROTFLMJAO.

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I doubt we'll really hear an outcome of this. The PD will settle with the couples, somewhere in the $30k to $50k range, and Officer Rosypalm will have his job back.

I believe the couples' account. Who else would go to cop shop at 4 a.m. after drinking in a park after hours?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5242
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Officer Rosypalm? That's a classic post.

jjaba.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1957
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

... it's going to end up being his word against theirs.

Unless they had the foresight to preserve the officer's DNA. That would be an interesting twist.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5245
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Officer Rosypalm,
Destroying evidence is a Federal Offence.

jjaba, legal advisor.

Jiscodazz
Username: Jiscodazz

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Masturbating in front of people is as "Detroit" as Strohs beer or Motown music. If you want to catch some real masturbaters, 3rd and Forest seems to be a good spot.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070425/NEW S01/70425046

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4884
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

A suspended Detroit police sergeant, investigated last week for allegedly forcing two couples to perform sex acts, has now been charged in that incident and for a similar incident involving other victims, according to law-enforcement sources.

“Roosevelt Tidwell is under arrest and charges will be announced tomorrow,” Maria Miller, a spokeswoman with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office said today. ““A warrant has been signed and he has been placed in custody without incident.”

If the charges prove valid, good riddance. We need cops to uphold the law, not hold...

Jjaba

Post Number: 5283
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good work, Eastside, in arresting the cop.

jjaba.

Vas

Post Number: 704
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There we go. Looks like its leaning the victims' way now.

I thought that the dialogue and the words that were supposedly said rang true. Now we have an Officer with many of these allegations.

I respect cops, but not to the point that I'll blindly support them. Thats like throwing away your judgement.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.