Discuss Detroit » Active Archive » DEMF Timeslots announced « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard a lot of people complain about Paxahau taking over the festival, etc...

Usually along the lines of "Fucking paxafest"

http://demf.com/schedule/

A schedule nearly two weeks prior to the festival, I'm happy.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 777
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not too mention we knew the majority of the 'artists' and that the festival was even going to occur way more than two weeks before the festival.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 903
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

20 dollars a day and 41 dollars for the weekend WOW.

Traxus

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If thats what it takes to keep this thing running then fine.

Saunderson lost a hefty chunk when he charged $25 for the weekend. When is the last time we've had the same promoter for two consecutive years?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look, people come to this event from all over the country and the world--a difference of $30 in the cost is not going to have an affect on whether people come or not. The cost is more or less a moot point except to those that could care less about going anyway.

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh.. the only day worth going is Monday..

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ugh.. the only day worth going is Monday..

Agreed. I'm not too much into the techno scene as I don't recognize a single name on Saturday or Sunday but damn, Aquaviva and Hawtin.. is it worth $20..

Traxus

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never seen Juan Atkins (Model 500) or Steve Bug. I hear good things though, too bad they are playing at the same time.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 778
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$20 is very worth it. I have paid that price more than once to see each of them seperatly.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aux 88, Hardfloor, Charles Webster!
Yes!

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see how it is possible to complain about or question paying $20 p/d or $40 for a weekend. The festival has always been great and I've gone every year.

Among the hype acts this year:
Losoul, Aux 88, Anthony "Shake" Shakir, Audion/Ryan Elliot, Kenny Larkin, Blake Baxter, Michael Mayer, Model 500, the 5 person booty set, John Acquaviva, Stacey Pullen, Kevin Saunderson, Richie Hawtin and Jeff Mills... okay, with an exception of 2 of those names all of them are associated with Detroit and I'm happy to see a more Detroit heavy lineup (though I loved the SoftCurls tent for bringing every European I've ever wanted to see two years ago... I think).

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 904
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But where are the drugs kids going to go. oh wait they will still pay admission just continue to not drink, just get high on life.

Newlaster
Username: Newlaster

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm most excited for Mathew Jonson, who is a prodigy.

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was downtown during this...I didn't go to the festival....First off I am into industrial music, and from what ive heard...yeah they won't play it at there festival. So much of a electronic music festival.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 555
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You missed Nitzer Ebb last year. They headlined the main stage. As a longtime fan, I liked their show at the Fox Theatre (early 90s) a lot better.

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel yah'. They where alot of the raver folk there. I didn't feel a good vibe. I mostly went to a bar around the area and drank a few and called it a night.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a blast like I have had every year there.

(Message edited by kid dynamite on June 20, 2007)

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

civil; there have been entire tents dedicated to industrial music in the past two years; you must;ve missed them. two years ago they were on the grassy hill by the waterfront (close to the pyramid) and last year they were up by the main entrance. don't know if there was a big showing this year; i was out of town...

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry, upon fact checking myself, last year the real detroit stage had a day of industrial acts:
Monday, May 29 - Real Detroit Stage
12-1P Derek Michael - live
1-2P Ian Hind
2-3P F.I.S.T.
3-4P Chris Rohn
4-5P Asrock of Final Cut
5-6P Kill Memory Crash - live
6-7P Dethlab
7-8P Chemlab - live
8-9P Otto Von Schirach - live
9-10P Richard Devine - live
10-12A Kero - live

[note that chris rohn is from detroit and on this forum.]

two years ago is when there was a tent by the river. i think it was co-sponsered by darque productions. somebody correct me if i'm wrong. i saw another area industrial dj there (the riccer, formerly of city club) and some other really great electro-industrial acts.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages here. To participate click JOIN THE DISCUSSION at the left to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: