Discuss Detroit » Active Archive » Detroit Funeral for the "N" Word « Previous Next »
Detroit Funeral for the "N" Word - 1Why79 07-08-07  4:07 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam: Thanks for the info...you just destroyed my attention grabber for teaching acronyms!! :-(

I received the info from an old college prof. I think it was in my American Lit class. Guess I'm back to the drawing board on grabbing their attention in the acronym lesson.

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, eastside charlie! Who says you NEED to say nigger? Claiming freedom of speech to be able to say nigger is really something. Do not worry yourself that is hurting someone. Like my mama always said, "your right to swing your fist stops where my nose begins".

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 7202
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You had a wise mama, Michmeister.

And to Eastside: Your right to say "n" ends where my ears begin.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3964
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NS that is exactly what i was saying. Unfortunately Karl and other 'Americans' such as himself will never see, nor understand (nor do they want to) that POV...

But it is what it is, despite how much they fool themselves into thinking they are not racist...

Karl

Post Number: 7203
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stylin says: "Unfortunately Karl and other 'Americans' such as himself will never see, nor understand (nor do they want to) that POV...But it is what it is, despite how much they fool themselves into thinking they are not racist..."

Methinks Stylin is far more interested in the "r" word than he is in the "n" word.

(reparations)

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 384
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring Back SMART to Livonia.

It was discrimination from our leaders in Lansing that caused this. We need to vote NO next August 2010 to force state revenue sharing to be restored. Unless top SMART officials sign the petition to restore all state funds.

The cuts in state public bus funding IS discrimination against minorities and low income persons.

New website coming soon

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3966
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see Karl is par for the course in this thread. Yet she brings another topic in totally irrelevant to the one at hand. Keep it up Karl. I see you do what you do best...read minds AND bring up irrelevant points in a discussion...

Just for shits and giggles karl show me and the rest of the thread participants exactly where the first occurrence of 'reparations' appear, and the relevance that it has to this discussion

Karl

Post Number: 7221
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The idea of reparations first showed up with you, Stylin. You seem to equate ideas directly with those bringing them up - in other words, folks who might be in disagreement with you (read: wrong race) on other matters are not capable of having a decent idea or starting a provocative thread.

The thread I started was from a reliable source with quotes from reliable, verifiable people residing in the COD. I made no personal comment, and didn't post my first response until 6 hours later, when the thread had approx 25 responses with superb (IMO) discussion.

Your post indicates you like and want the status quo. So say it. Further, past posts indicate you're "owed", so say it. Finally, your attitude reflects poorly on your ability to comment on a very important issue at a crucial time. In that case,

don't say it.

As far as "relevance" you might want to start a relevant thread yourself, or post a relevant comment here. So far I've seen neither.

And I still think you're continuing to fish for reparations - you just aren't man enough to admit it, yet look the fool by trying to call me "she"

Weak, as usual, but I don't think you'll have any effect whatsoever on the grand thing the Detroit NAACP will be doing this summer.

Oh yes, one other thing: did you know that the NAACP was founded by Republicans?

Didn't think so.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3975
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Karl do the forum a favor and search using that nifty little search tool over there(<---) to show us how I was the first to bring that up...

Please do...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5857
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trainman,

What does bringing SMART Bus to Racist Livonia have to do about the "N" word? Those folks in their artificially created Nazi Germany is not going to bring the SMART bus back until they realized their economy is going broke!

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 801
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a really good question Danny?

Danny

Post Number: 5858
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a next question.

Why do white kids say the word "NIGGA" to each other, but not to black man? To a white kid, saying the word "NIGGA" to a white kids makes them either feel good or bad!

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 802
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another good question!

I think I have an answer because black culture to some in America is seen as cool to those who have very little experience with it personally. Outside of course BET, MTV, VH1, and all those other channels I hope die a painful death one day.

Danny

Post Number: 5860
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the white kids are into the negative Hip Hop trend, They would do anything in their power to make themselves black without getting down into the stronghold level of being black and miserable. If white kids want to be black then they would say the word "NIGGA" and other Ebonics languages to each other, but to any black person or when they're in the presence of the black group.

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be doing everything in their power to get their asses kicked. A stunt like that would sit very well with a black group!

Karl

Post Number: 7251
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stylin, I won't be doing the forum or you any favors by running down rabbitholes for you. If you want something, git it yerself. Too many important issues to discuss while you wanna whine.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This may be a bit out there, but according to some Scientists we are all of African descent...therefore being African-American.

Blacks will stop using "the word" just like people will stop driving cars in metro Detroit and using other means of transportation.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This may be a bit out there, but according to some Scientists we are all of African descent

I don't think that's a bit "out there." It's not unreasonable to expect that the most prolific genome originated in one specific place. If it happens to be in Africa, so be it.

Karl

Post Number: 7253
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's were I got my start, according to a study I participated in thru National Geographic. Thru one's DNA, they are now able to pinpoint one's beginnings much more accurately than just a few years ago, as well as where they believe "the first man" originated. I was able to track my lineage from Africa thru Europe, and finally to America.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3980
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww so once again Karl pulls BS out of his ass and then when he get challenged to back up his bullshit claims, he redirects it like a drunken air traffic controller...

Typical of a hippocrite...

Karl

Post Number: 7255
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll direct your comments to National Geographic, Stylin.

Does anyone know where this "funeral" and/or the NAACP convention will be held? Seems that this part of the event would draw many 1000's.

Wally2times
Username: Wally2times

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So ok, not to be the devil's advocate here but can I get a straight answer?

Why are we once again having a mock funeral to ban one word? Why not all hateful speech?

Why can't the black community get with the melting pot program and join everyone else instead of separating themselves? (and please,I don't wanna hear any f*ckin Malcom X movie quotes either)

I mean this is a good start but I can see exactly how this will play out and anyone that isn't black is going to get nailed for speaking while the black community continues to get a pass on their everyday outright racism and bigotry against others.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3981
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Wally with that logic why cant the white community simply accept People or Color for who they are instead of forcing them to assimilate?

And please I dont want to hear no f**kin Birth of a Nation quotes either!

Wally2times

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

boy DS, you never fail to amaze me. I had a simple question and looking for a simple answer to the race problems faced by all in this country and you want to turn this ugly.
Sorry, Im not into dumb mind games but I will touch base on your moronic comments.

"forcing them to assimilate"

Everyone that resides here is expected to join this nation(or assimilate) as an American, no matter if you were born here,no matter how you got here, when you got here, where you came from or what you look like or believe in and if you don't want to make America work , then like stated earlier you and all your other racist buddies can find a new place to chill.
Its not difficult to set aside differences and live together peacefully while still celebrating one's own culture without trying to hurt others but some aholes feel the need to constantly rock the boat .
Why is that DS?
Why should I have to listen to nigger jokes? honky jokes? polack jokes? raghead jokes?spic jokes? wop jokes and so on.
Why do I have to hear someone preaching in the name of their lord atop a podium in pious tones but yet the hate retoric spews from their mouths almost as easy as water flows and , and they do this with the blessing of the local politicians and media .
Why do I have to be called a devil or a cracka by a man in what looks like a clown suit in the middle of times square ? and right in front of 2 of NY's finest without the fear of the long arm of the law coming down on them .

That Ahole comment of yours was uncalled for and your Birth of a Nation comment was even dumber.

Anyone with half a brain knows what I meant by saying I don't want to hear any Malcom X movie quotes .
Whoever you are DS, I feel bad for you and your way of thinking.
Its because of people like yourself that continue to spew hatred that we will never become one.
I can only wish that by the time my children are middle aged that you racists have all died out by then.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3989
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DO you feel bad for my way of thinking? Or merely feel bad that I am capable of thinking for myself and that way of thinking runs contrary to yours?

To me that is what it seems like you have the beef with. And I have no problem expressing what I see..

Let's get on the topic of assimilation. First off do you know what the term means? And if so, why not acculturate as opposed to assimilate? WHy should American 'culture' be one indiscernible mess when there are literally hundreds of cultures represented in this country?

Here is the definition of the terms used so as to hopefully not twist your already twisted mind:

assimilate: http://dictionary.reference.co m/browse/assimilate

which is what you propose which can encompass everything from no bilingual signage, english only education, and anything short of making English the official language of the US.

whereas to acculturate: http://dictionary.reference.co m/browse/acculturate

simply means that he incoming culture adopts some aspects of the culture of their new environment while still holding fast to their native culture. That may be language, norms, and anything else that they may have done prior to their arrival here. But they adjust to the new culture w/o forgetting who they were originally...

So don't feel bad for me Wally-- save that for the Beav-- I feel sorry for you because you have bought into mainstream America's thinking. You seem to taken that no culture is relevant but ours. I know this has strayed somewhat off topic but that idiotic response of your did deserve some attention.

Wally2times

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DS,
When all else fails pull out the dictionary and correct people because witty comebacks and conversations are lost?

Typical internet bs.

Unless you have something real and something tangeble to add to this conversation then Please, save the nonsense and nazi grammar , spelling, punctuation and definition checks for others. It really is childish and counter productive.
Especially when you take tiny parts out of context and try to use them to your advantage while twisting what I have to say.
I did mean assimilate Sunshine. Here is the def you posted a link to:
to conform or adjust to the customs, attitudes, etc., of a group, nation, or the like:

That does not mean lose your culture or identity , but join the majority.

Actually, I feel bad for you period.

I feel bad that you think this way.
I feel bad that you were taught this way.
I feel bad that you feel this way.
I really feel bad that you will never know what its like to live ,love,work and play together from people of all ethnicities,religions, and sexual preference.

It really is a waste of a human being.

I bought in mainstream America? Damn skippy babe. I love America and all the different people and cultures that it has to offer.
Mainstream America wants everyone to be equal but evil forces at work do not want us to succeed.
But we will.Eventually.

I like the fact that all different people from all over the world are here to run our government and I like the fact that people want to come here and be "American" no matter what their make-up.

You clearly are not part of Mainstream America but one of the few that do not like our way of life nor do you want our way of life but what you would like is to be on top and that my friend will never happen because clearly, this country is a melting pot.
This is a melting pot and probably will remain that way so you are SOOL.
I'm sorry for you. Im sorry that you are so blind that you cannot see the hatred that brews in your heart. Im sorry for you that thinking this country owes you.
Im sorry for you that you cannot be rich, or succesful in your life and you blame others for it.
What I really do not like, is people that want to seperate from "our" culture which is what you, and morons like sharpton, farakhan and the klan want.

Oh, and one last thing. We are in America. The principal language here should be english.
The other 2 languages I speak are secondary to my adoptive homelands language.

and yes, I think all illegals should get the damn boot. I had to come here legally and I accepted all that was asked of me as an immigrant.

(Message edited by wally2times on May 04, 2007)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3992
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wally why use wit when one can use facts? Is it because facts get in the way of opinion and emotion? Maybe it is because facts often renders your bias irrelevant? which one is? would you like to choose door number one? or door number two? the choice is yours but I already know which route you are going to take.

Wally2times

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah,,something real and tangible is all I asked of you and what do you do?

The usual bs. Beat around the bush and not make any real points.

DS, you are dismissed. Its obvious what your intentions are.

Good day and good luck. I hope you see the light soon and come out from under that blanket of bigotry you've wrapped yourself up in.

Wally

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3995
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wally to be completely honest I had dismissed you many moons ago when you first went off on your nonsensical tirades...

But I believe that the Beav might be into some ish right now, you better go play big brother and handle that...

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Im sorry that you are so blind that you cannot see the hatred that brews in your heart. Im sorry for you that thinking this country owes you.
Im sorry for you that you cannot be rich, or succesful in your life and you blame others for it.
What I really do not like, is people that want to seperate from "our" culture which is what you, and morons like sharpton, farakhan and the klan want.

That's a whole lot of assumptions there. I don't get that impression of D-stylin at all.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As said earlier an argument to free speech for using the "N" word is your rights stop where another persons begin, that is the basic principal taught in government classes, and is the best approach to the constitution because it creates an equal base for everyone.

Exmotowner asks: "Can we still say kike, honkey, cracker, faggot, queer, etc? Is this ok?"

This is a great question. Before I give my answer though I want to bring to the front the fact that queer as been reclaimed by the LGBT community and is not offensive any more it is a power word, it is a broad based word to describe gay people and the gay community. It is the queer community. So that is okay. As for those other words. They should be layed to rest as well. Although I find it funny the the "F" word in terms of gays has many of the same properties of the "N" word for the African American community. It is not okay for others to use it but it is used in the queer community quite profusely.

Anyway now for my question. Why is it that when we talked about the "N" word we never type or say it, yet when talking about other similar words such as Faggot, or one of the many other terms of pain, it always gets typed or said and not refered to as the "F" word, or what ever.

Wally2times

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

of course my so called "tirades" as u put it are non sensical to some.
Now Why in the world would peace and harmony amongst all cultures make any sense to racists and separatists?

lolol DS silly wabbit.

Pam: I understand that you may not read this person's posts the same as I or anyone else for that matter but,you really should read his posts again.
Unless you agree with his/her thoughts. Thats a different story.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4003
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No peace and harmony in your definition means 'fit in or else' which translated into "we won't accept you until you become 100% completely like us", which also translates into forced assimilation.

Wally2times

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I Just don't normally use any of those hateful words out of respect .

Its got nothing else to do with anything else, simple plain ol respect.

Wally2times

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, maybe you aren't dismissed just yet.

""No peace and harmony in your definition means 'fit in or else' which translated into "we won't accept you until you become 100% completely like us", which also translates into forced assimilation""

DS, you act is if I want you to give up your identity and become a clone.
I think its time for you to get out of Detroit and taste a bit of real diversity and I don't mean the burbs either.
I am talking about fitting in. Not losing your culture, your identity or your history but gaining a new one to add to the one you already have, and one that you can share with 300 million other proud Americans.
I am talking about accepting everyone instead of seperating and hating.
You can be yourself. Hell , I am myself and we all have different identities .
But the whole point of my argument with you is that you sit here in anti-white, anti-american type and slip it in so subtlely that you think it may go unnoticed and unchallenged by people who are afraid to speak their minds for fear of being called racist because in today's society its ok to down anyone thats white and you get away with it. (sorry,but its true and you know this)
I am talking about what "America" is supposed to be , what it was set up to be and that is a peaceful nation where people from all walks of life become one ,"American" and live together in harmony.
Thats what I mean. As far as getting rid of you. You will get rid of yourself because like stated before, most people that live here like it here and live together in harmony with one another and like one another.
People that do not want peace, well we know what they are all about don't we DS?

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4005
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ahhhhhhhhhhh...let's see...so many factual errors and assumptions where do I begin...

assumption:

quote:

DS, you act is if I want you to give up your identity and become a clone.
I think its time for you to get out of Detroit and taste a bit of real diversity and I don't mean the burbs either.

fact:

I was in one of the most diverse organizations for a total of ten years. I have been to seven states across the nation and on three continents. The blows your diversity theory out of the water...

ahhh a little clarity

quote:

I am talking about fitting in. Not losing your culture, your identity or your history but gaining a new one to add to the one you already have, and one that you can share with 300 million other proud Americans.

That is not what the tone of your posts initially implied. In fact it was quite the opposite. IF that is what you meant then cool.

Next we have...
quote:

But the whole point of my argument with you is that you sit here in anti-white, anti-american type and slip it in so subtlely that you think it may go unnoticed and unchallenged by people who are afraid to speak their minds for fear of being called racist because in today's society its ok to down anyone thats white and you get away with it. (sorry,but its true and you know this)

And for someone else who feels as if they can read my mind, don't read too deep or read it until it fits what you want it to mean. There is only one way to read what I post. I don;t have to hide behind eloquent words. Civilizations have died because words from invading forces sounded pretty. Therefore I say exactly what I mean.

And finally:

quote:

Thats what I mean. As far as getting rid of you. You will get rid of yourself because like stated before, most people that live here like it here and live together in harmony with one another and like one another.
People that do not want peace, well we know what they are all about don't we DS?

Really, don't-- worry ain't gonna happen. See this here is the land of the free. Even if that means you have the freedom to express your opinion whether I agree with it or not and vise versa. Oh and as far as getting rid of myself I am not the only person in this country nor on this forum to think that way. Maybe I have just been more vocal on it. And ummm I have been here since '98 (DetroitYes). I just love it when newbies tell me how my forum days are numbered.

I haven't disappeared into the ether yet.

But I give you credit. At least you attempted to have a decent discourse and didn't fall into Karlese, where there are a bunch of assumptions made. The point what I am trying to make is that the way you see things, is not the only way things are. You being in the majority will never see things the same way as those who are proud of their lineage and their heritage like I. Especially when one's heritage is one of struggle as is mine.

You speak from the standpoint of, "if you are not doing it this way...then you are not American. If you don't choose this as your primary language...then you're not American. God don't you just LOVE America where we can be who we want to be!". And I hear and see that too much for my comfort.

And last but not least there is this gem:

quote:

Please explain that, or is that another assumption?

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 887
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is really touching and important. It reminds me of the year, I believe it was 1948, that the Gaelic League held the funeral for the "M word". That would be "Mick" for those that don't recall the cruelty and injustice that our people endured by the oppressors.

Twas a lovely thing.

As it was an Irish Wake, it was held in Mrs. O'Neil's living room.

The Gaelic League got together a collection through the local parishes for appropriate refreshment (with 10% reserved for the cause back home ye know).

Soda Bread, and Corned Beef along with Jameson's, Guinness, and some of the local brew were brought in plenty.

The lack of a true corpse didn't stop our tradition for an open casket. Taking shifts, Mickey Flaherty, Mickey O'Rourke and Mickey Sullivan found themselves comfortably holding court from the box to the keening beauties of the day. (There was that brief period where Katie 'Shea was so aggrieved that she crawled into the casket with Sullivan and shut the lid...luckily it was well into the night and sister Mary Sheen was no where near when the lid was opened back up).

As has been known to happen at such wakes, the time seemed to slip away and days later,several missed shifts of work and a few forgotten games around the corner at Briggs Stadium, Father Kelly came back to the house and declared the ceremony officially complete, the Mass was ended, the crowd was blessed and except for a couple of fist o cuffs between Maloney and O'Byrne, they went in peace.

We can only hope this summer's funeral is as pleasant an affair.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4008
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that is something...

Karl

Post Number: 7260
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So back to the use of the "n" word, which Stylin and Ex appear to think is a civil right while most others appear to wish it gone completely:

When/where is the funeral?

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4010
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karl you are really fucked up just to let you know...and I mean you are really fucked up...

This obsession you have with me and what you think i think has you looking foolish. You are the only person I know to literally stalk me around an internet forum and frankly it has me a little concerned. That is not normal behavior.

Do me a favor...

SEEK HELP!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 867
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the midst of the hissing catfight between Karl and Stylin, Irish Mafia's little story was a very amusing treat. Erin go Har.

Wally2times

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's to explain DS? Its self explanatory.

I'll only answer one more comment then Im done with you.

About me being in the majority, well you are right. I am in the majority.
My majority being a diverse population living in the U.S. that likes everyone else not the minority you seem to belong to always blaming someone else for your problems and feeding off of ignorant peoples minds who can't think for themselves thus brainwashing them and making an extravagant living off of them. (see Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, SkinHeads, Klan & Farakhan)
Sorry pal, the free ride is almost over and people are going to start treating your brand of racist as a leper in this society just like you deserve.
See, people are not stupid. Do you honestly believe that you will be able to get away with your racist bs for much longer?
Enjoy it while you can .

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4015
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see I am going to have to do you like I do Karl...

Where in any of my posts have I stated that blaming other people is where the celebration of our individual culture's begin? And once again when is by people celebrating their specific culture racist? And a side question, how did I allow you to get me off the track of this thread?

Please find, copy. quote, and paste for the forum (and for me) to see...

Now there is alot I can harp on, but I did none of it in this thread.

SO Wally World...are you making thing and telling fibs to try and make yourself look smart again...

If so please try harder because your attempts to discredit me are doing nothing but damaging your own pathetic attempt at trying to justify the myth of the 'melting pot'.

So for your own sake...please be done with me this time. I am getting tired of repeating myself over and over hoping that you will get the answer.

<<don't usually engage in conversations with brick walls...it's rather counter productive...

Yes you are Karl's protege(sp?), w/o question...

Wally2times

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here ya go Sport. I've actually taken a minute to copy your bs.

Quote:
we know this but those who hold the power (as well as those who fit the physical characteristics of the mold of that 'majority'), would prefer for all of us to bury who we are as individual cultures in order for us to be "American". IMO I think that is pretty funky in it's own right...

Answer: wow sport, that really wasn't racist all was it? And it wasn't about white folks either was it?
Nor did you assume that we meant being American you have to buy into white culture.

Quote:
But it is what it is, despite how much they fool themselves into thinking they are not racist...

Answer:
Another one of your little twists on the real truth .Blaming someone who really isn't racist for being racist to cover your own hate of America and white people. Typical bs from a bigot.

Quote:
But I give you credit. At least you attempted to have a decent discourse and didn't fall into Karlese, where there are a bunch of assumptions made. The point what I am trying to make is that the way you see things, is not the only way things are. You being in the majority will never see things the same way as those who are proud of their lineage and their heritage like I. Especially when one's heritage is one of struggle as is mine.

Answer: Hey Sunshine, I do celebrate my background and what majority am I in again?
And how the hell do you know what my people have been through?

Quote:
You speak from the standpoint of, "if you are not doing it this way...then you are not American. If you don't choose this as your primary language...then you're not American. God don't you just LOVE America where we can be who we want to be!". And I hear and see that too much for my comfort.

Answer: English is the primary language here and should never change. So for those that come here it is a requirement to speak english before you become a citizen.Sorry, thats the way it is.
No one said you have to do a damn thing . As far as I am concerned sunshine,you are unamerican in my definition. Anyone that wants seperation, refuses to treat all equally and continues to blame people based on the color of their skin for their problems does not fit into what America is supposed to be.
Cry freedom all the hell you want to, but you know and I know that morality and equality should over ride that freedom mess you keep bringing up.

Wow, sure glad I was wrong about your hatred and bigotry about white people and America.
Id like to thank you for clearing all that up for me sunshine.

quote:
Yes you are Karl's protege(sp?), w/o question...

Answer:
lololol you are about as dumb as a brick wall not to mention an ahole.

Enjoy the night Sunshine! >w<

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4016
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Wally...you are far more ignorant than I initially gave you credit for.....

Wally2times

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course you find me ignorant. Its because I do not blame "whitey" for all the world's problems as do morons.

(Message edited by wally2times on May 06, 2007)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4017
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Wally...are we still making assumptions?

Wally2times

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no assumption , Its clearly spelled out in my earlier post.

Now please, go feed your Pet Sharpton and Mohammad's pitiful grave needs a trimmin.

Even racists need love

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4019
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Wally...do we have to listen to your perpetual BULLSHIT again?

Wally2times

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no not at all , you can stop posting messages to me and it would be over and done with and you can go back to your anti-white, anti-american fodder within your own mind and leave real discussions to those that do not want to be dragged into name calling bs .

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4020
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Wally...so what is your point?

Wally2times

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My point? Lunch at Wo Hop in ChinaTown is waiting for me and my gorgeous girlfriend that looks just like Naomi Campbell (less the attitude) is waiting for us.

Thats it. Enjoy your lunch.

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 815
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a lot of accusations of racism on this thread that I am not sure are proved, but what to expect on a thread about the "N" word.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4021
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Wally....are you defaulting to your "I have a lot of Black friends/ I have a Black girlfriend" argument?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can D-S be anti-white people when he has obviously watched "Leave it to Beaver"? You can't get much whiter than the Cleavers. :-)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4022
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Pam...yanno?

Wally2times

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can always tell a real racist, they flock in groups and combine to attack. lolololol

Of course you dont feel as if a black person can be racist.
Don't yanno racist blacks changed the definition of the word to fit their own convienant agenda.

Yet, the definition still remains unchanged in print.

Go figure.

quote:
Gee Wally....are you defaulting to your "I have a lot of Black friends/ I have a Black girlfriend" argument?

there ya go, insinuating I'm racist to cover your own shortcomings.
I love it.

While I have your attn sunshine. Heres a website some racist folk set up for your enjoyment since you tend to seem all white folks fit this stereotype also.

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.c om/

Enjoy !

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4943
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So how was lunch?

Wally2times

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great!,,,,,,,,,the future wifey always enjoys the hole in the wall atomsphere of chinatown rests.
God I love that woman.

Like to know what we had?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4945
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not really, enjoy the rest of the day.

Wally2times

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no prob, you too >g<

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 390
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My website is dedicated to restoring bus service to afro americans. It was not the whites in Livonia who lost bus service.

The loss of SMART in Livonia is discrimination and it is proved by using many facts that cannot be challenged because they are all true.

http://savethefueltax.tripod.c om/remain3.html

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 893
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend that everyone go to trainman's site and send him an email calling him the N word before the funeral.

Then I recommend that we start a new website called taxtransitworkersandonlytransi tworkers.com

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How can D-S be anti-white people when he has obviously watched "Leave it to Beaver"? You can't get much whiter than the Cleavers."

That's true. I don't think there was one black person on that show. Even I sometimes watch LITB for some cheesy humor, and I'm black.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 07, 2007)

Fasteddie
Username: Fasteddie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be realistic. You can't ban or retire words. You can only hope that their use deminishes. The more issue you take with this, the more you provoke others to antagonize you by using language you claim offensive.
As far as the SmartBus service in Livonia goes, it was eliminated because continued funding was voted down by a majority. Fair and square. Therefore, SmartBus left Livonia. Every city is having budget constraints and must decide what services are most necessary. Personally, I would rather have adequate police and fire services and good schools. SmartBus was just not being utilized by enough of the citizens in Livonia. A better plan for transportation in Livonia has since been found, and millions of tax dollars are being saved.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Be realistic. You can't ban or retire words. You can only hope that their use deminishes. The more issue you take with this, the more you provoke others to antagonize you by using language you claim offensive."

I completely agree. There's no such thing as getting rid of a word that's engraved into peoples vocabulary.

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 840
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we have a funeral for Trainman?

Urbanize

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Can we have a funeral for Trainman?"

I hate to ask, but why should we have a funeral for Trainman Mayor_sekou?

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 841
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So we can stop having his random interjections in every discussion regardless of the subject about the damn fuel tax. I dont mean harm him personally if that is what you thought, more misguided sarcasm.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew I shouldn't have asked. I figured that your response would be something like that. He is annoying though. I think Trainman knows that so everytime we complain he annoys us more with that crap.

Karl

Post Number: 7317
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another "n" story from Best of the Web Today 5/10/07

By James Taranto

Boys on the Bus

A black school-bus driver lost her job "because she used the 'n-word' in front of a black student," the Des Moines Register reports:

Anita Anderson, 48, of Des Moines was fired two days after the incident on her bus. According to state records, Anderson was driving students from Monroe Elementary School when a boy became disruptive and belligerent.

Anderson testified at a state hearing on her request for unemployment benefits: "I kept asking him to sit down. And he kept on and on. He said he was going to bust me in my face."

After she told the boy he should not speak to her that way, Anderson muttered under her breath, she said.

"I was talking to myself," she testified. "I was driving, and I said the word. You know, the 'n-word.' But I wasn't talking to the student; I was just talking to myself."

Anderson testified that a girl behind her overheard the remark and told others on the bus. That prompted another outburst from the boy who had threatened her.

"That little boy kept saying, 'Oh, when we get to the bus stop my mom and dad is going to beat you down. Oh, we're going to bust you in your face,' " Anderson testified.

When she finished her route and returned to the bus garage, she was told that the student's mother had complained that the epithet was directed at her son.

There's no excuse for what Anderson said, and she said at an unemployment hearing that she regretted the remark:

"I just couldn't even explain to you how sorrowful I am that the word came out of my mouth," she said. "I'm a Christian. . . . I'm also an African American. I know how whites or Caucasians or different people perceive that word."

But the real question is, what are the authorities doing about the boy who repeatedly threatened a bus driver? Did his mother discipline him for his misconduct, and if not, why does she still have custody?

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 806
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very interesting racial dynamics in that story. Query, did white people have any input into the decision to terminate her, or into the unemployment benefits issue? If so, was that OK? The irony is kind of absurd and funny at the same time.

Also, I wonder how many civil rights lawsuits will get filed as a result of this incident. I'm sure that that angel of a child has been scarred for life. A creative lawyer can probably cobble a claim together on behalf of the bus driver too.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4064
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Karl since the tone of your post implied that they had not taken action towards their child, you tell us what transpired that the article didn't disclose?

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages here. To participate click JOIN THE DISCUSSION at the left to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: