Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Psip « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 912
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip: Do you still own the Gremlin, or was that a passed vehicle? I use to deal in AMC parts and I have glass for your car. I want to get rid of it so the price is CHEAP! I should have side windows and a hatch window.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, sorry I just saw this page.
No that purple monster went away in about 75.
Thanks for asking though, I could have used the rear hatch back then. I blew out the rear window.
It was funny, one of the spot welds on a hinge broke. I tried drilling a hole through the glass to put in a screw. BAM! the whole thing shattered into little tiny pieces.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At some point AMC went with double struts on those. My folks had a Robin's Egg Blue '70 Gremlin with a 199 straight 6.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip--you had a Purple Gremlin? I used to know someone who had the very same car, in the mid-late 70's. He lived and worked in Oakland county. If you pictured in your mind what a child killer would look like, you might envision this guy's face. He got pulled over every other day, interrogated by the cops. He couldn't get to work on time due to this, he had to leave for work two hours earlier to allow for being pulled over, sitting in the back of a squad car while they checked him for priors. He finally got rid of that car.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Packman, those were very interesting times.
Mine was gone by 75, so I missed all of that.
I was tooling around in a 73 Saab Sonett by the time the child killer was around. Loved that little V4 Ford industrial engine. I blueprinted it, could spin 10K rpm all day long.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.