Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Musician help - The North Soul « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone!

Check it - We've been running adds in the Metro and Real Detroit for a few months now trying to find horns (Sax & Trumpet) and keys for a classic soul band. We've already got a whole rhythm section, but as always, the horns and keys elude us.

The band we're trying to form is sort of a hybrid. None of us are of the "hipster" class per se (although I'd rather be able to put a soul band together like that, and play single set gigs at places like the Lager - but have had no luck finding like minded players), but we're also not looking to be a typical bar band or wedding group. All of us range in age and profession, but we all want to play raw 60's soul (no synth, no jazz'n it up), mainly B Sides. (ie Stax)

I'm posting to ask if anyone has ideas on places to find horns or keys? What about Wayne State? Is there a place to post ads outside of the music department?

We're definitely not looking for cats. We want band members who will rehearse and show up night in, night out. For the music, not the money.

Thanks.

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 287
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wait a minute Stoney.... were you gonna practice late at night in the hood?

If so then will do my best to see you only get the best players.

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude. There will be no practice at my house..don't worry. :-)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 306
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J_stone, contact the Student Life co-ordinator at CCS, Wayne State, U of D, etc. They would be more than happy to help connect you with students at the college who can play.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.