Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » First Artist's opening at Butcher's Inn « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4863
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the email I received:

Hello everyone.
I am pleased to announce the first of our monthly Artist openings at Butcher's Inn.
When: Friday March 9th from 6pm to 9pm
Where: Second floor at Butcher's Inn
Light refreshments will be served. Cash bar downstairs till 11pm and full dinner menu till 8pm.

Our first Artist is Terry Johnson and the following is an excerpt from his bio. I have attached a copy of the invitation to this email. Please open it to see some of his work.

Please pass the word on to your friends. I hope that you will be able to attend as I am certain that this will prove to be an interesting evening and a kick off to more events like this each month.

Biography of Terry Johnson

Terry Johnson has been living in the metro Detroit area for a little
better than three decades. His work has been about capturing the essence of the subject . He has studied at the College of Creative Studies and participated in several group showings, displayed work at The Arts League of Michigan, and currently you may see his work at the main branch of the U.S. Postal Service in Detroit. His medium of choice is penciling however through painting he adds another element that gives a dynamic feel. His latest series is entitled “Meditation on Sight and Sound.” This collection is of musical artists that spans several decades and genres and each artist represented has greatly influenced popular culture, such as Jimi Hendrix, Cassandra Wilson, Jerry Garcia and many more. Terry Johnson has co-launched Simply Red L.L.C. a cultural arts and entertainment co mpany earlier this year to promote and support art and artists. Terry takes a calm and collected approach to his work and style. Just as the performing artists in this collection paints with an amplified soul.

--
Don Bailey
Have a great day
313-522-8067

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.