Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Need Free Info On Driving Record « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 694
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know of a website where I can access my driving record for free? I'm too much of a damned cheapskate to pay the $7.00.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pay the seven bucks. I have to do that every couple of years just to make sure my bro isn't getting tickets under my name! You can't get it for less. $7 is a bargain for peace of mind.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine - any cop or auto insurance buddies?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 684
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point lilpup. All you have to do is get an estimate for car insurance and they'll run your record to give you a rate. They look extra hard too so they can add those surcharges. You don't actually have to switch insurance companies.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11333
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you rack up enough points they'll send you a free one! lol Just ran across mine from back in the late 1990's with my complete record, accidents in which I wasn't to blame included.

Ravine

Post Number: 696
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all of you, my thanks. I appreciate your replies. Cambrian's suggestion sounds like it could be a winner, but I think Detroitplanner is correct in his assertion that I should just pay the $7. The fact that all of you were charitable, and kind, enough to not dog me out for my absurd cheapness is noted.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing wrong with trying to save a buck if you can, Ravine.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To save a buck while driving, put those little whistles on your bumper.

Ravine

Post Number: 713
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We need a DetroitYes Kangaroo Court. Not for the resolution of any aspect of my driving record, but for the imposition of fines, and other punishments, for posts like East_detroit's hilarious-- and yet, painful-- suggestion.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those whistles can save some doe too. :-)

Ravine

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, cheeses help me, that line was RIGHT THERE, waiting to be used; why diddini think of it? O.K. now, bothayooguyzouttahere.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.