Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Boring « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paddy
Username: Paddy

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been posting on this forum for a while, but reading it lately....it puts me to sleep. What happened to all the colorful characters????????????

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the Non Detroit side. Plenty of characters there.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 802
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting people are no longer allowed on this forum, because like Detroit, we should only have a "uniform" body of contributers. *yawn*

Besides, an idiot run our country, so why shouldn't only the opinions of idiots be fashionable!??

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1505
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What happened to all the colorful characters????????????

this website won't let me enter the URL of the forum they all went to. hilarious!

warm chocolatey ice cream topping detroit.com

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 935
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my god! And have you also noticed that royal oak just isn't the same anymore?!

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And have you also noticed that royal oak just isn't the same anymore?!

Now... THAT is funny.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tried the hot chocolate site. Way to crude,low brow, (read trashy) for me. To each his own.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 662
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recognize that DY has a general flavor that may, occasionally, be irritating, but the thing I couldn't help noticing about Ot-hay Udge-fay is how, for a group heavily peopled with sophomoric, smart-ass punklets, they sure do think they are funny as hell. I would enjoy the smart-ass part of the routine, if it was funny, but it seldom is...

Ravine

Post Number: 663
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But, speaking of dumb, what is up with this ridiculous business where I can't refer to them directly?

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's either due to a general hostility or disgust towards the site so much so, that they wish no one to ever speak of it in plain terms and would rather see it in Pig Latin form.

Or if pages of Dyes are being spidered for search engines (which they are, I've seen them using some odd search terms), referencing the other site by name (or abbreviation) might put them higher up on search rankings. If sites are dependant on ads/unique visitors/clicks or whatever, this is very important.

(Message edited by Sticks on February 17, 2007)

Ravine

Post Number: 665
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hhmm. Very interesting, Sticks. It stood to reason, that there was an at least half-way sensible explanation. Yours sounds more than half-way. Well awright.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.