Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Post wackiness « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How come I can post a thread about exurban decline and someone else can post a thread about station wagons and get more responses??? This more of a post to spur debate about what goes on here then an actual critique. I understand my thread could just suck :-)

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3816
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dont feel too bad Jd. I myself have have a few threads die within 5 posts...

lol

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a Country Squire. :-)
and an Aspen...

(Message edited by kathinozarks on February 13, 2007)

Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 187
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly my point :-) Threadjacked by a Buick Roadmaster

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

people like the wagons, man. Also, one is far less prone to ridicule if they throw a hand in the air for a mom-mobile.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1726
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

try hi jacking a thread, sometimes that actually will last longer than a new thread

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better thread-jacked than car-jacked!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I choose to let my threads die with dignity.

Seriously though, it would be interesting to study what causes a thread to fly. I'd guess it depends mostly on who happens to see it.

I'll predict this thread will soon flop ... because I'd rather see it live a long and happy life.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two types of threads last. The first is the kind of thread that a bunch of people love the item being discussed. The second is the type that generates a moderate amount of disagreement.

If everyone agrees but doesn't love the item discussed, it will die right away. If a thread has too much animosity it will also die a quick death since people will avoid joining it.

Bobj

Post Number: 1729
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, then we need some moderate disagreement to keep this going.

I disagree with you that threads with a lot of animosity die out, they go on and on, but with a small group of diehards.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe because "exurban decline" sounds to cranial for me. Station wagons I know.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 528
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe because no one likes you.

Me myself personally, I tend to stay away from threads about exurbs as just the thought of them depresses me. I don't care about exurbs - they're kind of the exact opposite of what I care about. I don't even care enough about them to hate them. Why would I care about people who want to be as far away as possible from all of the things that I would like to be near (except, of course, crime). You might as well have started a thread about the decline of Roscommon for all I care.

Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that is one of the more intelligent critiques of me that I have heard on here Spitty. That makes sense.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Seriously though, it would be interesting to study what causes a thread to fly

Ever notice how if "crime", or "shooting" is in the title of a thread it ballons in a matter of hours? Negative threads get way more post than the positive in general.

Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 192
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also anything that could possibly be conceived as being racist... even if it is not.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Put Hall Road in the title, you will get a lot of responses.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know when people see my name the thread usually dies. I wonder why that is?:-)

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See, I told you all.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch the thread with "homicide" in the title end up with over 100 post.

Bobj

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abortion seems to fuel the threads on the non-Detroit side

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2081
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Abortion seems to fuel the threads...

Quick, get Techtown on the line, we may have found the next big alternative energy source.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.