Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Downtown dentist? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone know of a good dentist downtown?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 267
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check the RenCen. I dont remember his name, but I know a couple ppl that have used him and have said he's great. He's been there for many years apparently

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7404
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have dental insurance, so my first concern was pricing when I was searching for a dentist. Another forumite recommended Midwestern Dental on Trumbull in Corktown. They really are a lot cheaper. But also very good and a friendly staff. I like them so much that I'd continue using them even if I had insurance.

http://www.midwesterndental.co m/midwestern_dental_locations. htm

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 676
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend Dr. Golden Dental Office on Washington Blvd. My dentist is Dr. Sandra Johnson. Good experience, but I do have dental insurance. However, at my last visit I inquired about what to do if you don't have insurance (for my son) and they said that they have payment plans and are willing to work it out with non-insured. The location is really cool - south-west corner of Washington and State, the street level treatment spaces are such that you have a wall-to-ceiling view of Washington and State, the people walking by, the going-ons outside, the progress on the Book-Cadillac, really interesting, makes your dentist visit so much more entertaining.

P.S. Itsjeff, I have to apologize, I completely missed you yesterday at Harbortown, didn't realize it was you until too late. My bad.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7405
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our passing was so quick that I couldn't think of your real name immediately. I blurted out "Ghetto Butterfly!" I'm sure I looked very sophisticated to the people in the parking lot.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3661
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Joe Abbate who has been in the RenCen for a couple of decades. Great dentist, great fun person, and great former neighbor.

Joseph M Abbate, DDS - General Dentist
500 Renaissance Ctr Ste 501
Detroit, MI 48243
Ph: 313-259-0300

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahh, thats who I am thinking of...

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3668
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look for Dr. Joe to pull up on his Harley in the warm months.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1501
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 7:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dr. hill and dr. reeves in the "hammer" (millwrights union) building on woodward.

I see dr. hill, he's a cool young guy, i forget my hygenist's name but she was great too

since i have my appointment card right in front of me.... 313-832-9808

(Message edited by gravitymachine on February 13, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.