Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » 1990 Train Accident: Info?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 593
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm taking a "shot in the dark," here. In 1990, a man was severely injured by a train, very near Joy Road & Livernois. He was not in a car, he was on the tracks, and lost an arm and a leg, although I am delighted to point out that he survived, and is doing quite well today. He was not in sober condition at the time, it seems, and between that factor and the subsequent trauma/shock, he does not remember how the accident came to happen. Does anyone here have any personal knowledge concerning this incident? And no, it wasn't me.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't recall that one, but I represented a doorman at a well-known Detroit Country Club who was on his way to the local motel with his girl friend one evening when he tried to go around the railroad crossing and got hit by the local express.
Both he and the passenger were quite shook up, but each, surprisingly and thankfully, had only emergency care ( Annapolis Hospital).However, they never did make it to the destination heretofore described. She sued him that week, and that ended the relationship.
Most railroad/auto collisions result with the auto and its passengers coming in second.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2295
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a location along the Michigan Line in Dearborn where two separate apparent suicides occurred (both by Amtrak trains, I think).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.