Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Fun...on Christmas NIght!?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Roaringmouse
Username: Roaringmouse

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What: "The Only Place to Party" Party

When: Christmas Night (that's Dec. 25th) after 9:00 p.m.

Where: 133 Iron Street Detroit, MI (Mt. Elliott & Jefferson)

Why: Food, Drinks, Music...and there's nothing else to do:-)

Go to www.insidedetroit.org for more information and to purchase tickets.

Tickets only $25 before December 19th!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7617
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heard about this, Roar, it sounds like a great idea!

We going to fake our nuptials that night, or are you going to put me to work to get that YMCA discount?!

For those of us devoid of a sense of time, how much is the late purchase penalty?!

(or are you going to force me to click onto your site?!)

Stryker81
Username: Stryker81

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tickets go up to $30 according to the site.

Roaringmouse

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roar??? Do we know one another that well?

God, you don't want actual nuptials, do you? I'd have to actually get that divorce first.

As I hear it the Y doesn't need anything that formal (and neither do I). Now that Powerhouse is closed I've been going to the Y and I really must join. I'm waiting to see what the new parking agreements are and what might come in the way of a "new years resolution" discount.

But you can move in with me to lower the price.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the Iron Street Loft bldg??

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 665
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7627
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Egads!

Sounds like you want the best of BOTH worlds, fake the nuptials then put me to work...at home.

I see where this is headed...I don't do lawns.

Hence the loft...yanno?!

But you don't have to go shaving just for little ol' me.

(Back to your regularly scheduled plan for a kick-ass party idea!)

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4114
Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So where do the proceeds for this event go?

(Message edited by Jelk on December 17, 2006)

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 666
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The proceeds will go towards the cost of filing for 501(c)3 status.

If you are unable to make it to this event, look for free historical and architectural tours being offered during the Auto Show.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, the $25 covers all food & beverages? Hopefully they have all the permits.

Roaringmouse

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sounds like you want the best of BOTH worlds, fake the nuptials then put me to work...at home.
I see where this is headed...I don't do lawns."

Who said anything about putting you to work?

Dds

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll clarify. Do the people throwing this party realize that the State of Michigan LCC forbids the selling of alcoholic beverages on Christmas? If there's a way around that, I would be interested in hearing the loophole.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 400
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they aren't selling booze, the price is all inclusive.

Dds

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no booze at all, or the cover charge includes "Prizes, Live DJ, Beverages & Hors D'oeuvres" (and the beverages are non-alcoholic?)?
(sorry to be so confused)

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suppose by saying it is a private party and donations are voluntary, that could technically constitute a loophole.

Just one scenario.

Dds

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There we go! I suppose if it's advertised as a "house party" in a private residence. That would work. I'm just hoping that nobody loses the chance to get 501(c)3 status by getting nailed for a LCC infraction. Y'know?

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1272
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Basically, it would be like having a houseparty where you are tacky enough to ask your guests to pay for their own food and drinks.

(Message edited by susanarosa on December 19, 2006)

Valkyrias

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I suppose by saying it is a private party and donations are voluntary, that could technically constitute a loophole."

except it's not a private party and donations are not voluntary. susanarosa's explanation is more on target.

also, if you read the flyer, it does say 21 and over...in most all situations, it means alcohol will be present. also, if it were not all inclusive, it would say, 'cash bar'. personally, i don't think the flyer is all the confusing...then again, i do read and create disclaimers for a living...

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sounds like a good time. Are tickets still available? I'm hoping to be done with the family obligations by 7, and this would be a great way to cap the day. I might be able to talk a couple of friends into coming down as well.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1870
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Valkyrias, I do know what the party actually IS ... I was just trying to create a scenarios that might actually be legal, that's all.

Thanks for clarifying though, in case anyone wasn't clear on exactly where problems could come up!

Doesn't this thread potentially constitute posting about illegal activity, meriting deletion?

(edit: to clarify, I'm being facetious there)

(Message edited by dialh4hipster on December 19, 2006)

Valkyrias

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, i know you know, dialh :-) but i did just want to clarify to others that it's not exclusive and as much as everyone loves a free party, this one unfortunately is not (but still well worth the price).

i think the jury is still out on whether this would be an illegal activity or not. in speaking with the coordinators of the party, i know it was brought up that selling alcohol on christmas is a no no, so i am sure they are taking all the necessary precautions for this.

yooper...tickets are probably still available. if you click on the link at the top of this thread, you can purchase the tickets directly from the website.

Valkyrias

Post Number: 404
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"(edit: to clarify, I'm being facetious there)"

and i think i might need just a little more clarification on that...

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jeez. what a bunch of buzz killers. Just drop it, please.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the update, Valkyrias. I hope everyone quiets down about this, because it sounds like a cool party.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4128
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So who's going?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4387
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So anything happen?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.