Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » HELP! archived web page questions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7506
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

UGH.

I'd be interested, too.

Did a search with MY name as poster here, and got exactly five results. WTF?!

Wayback wasn't much help. Whatever happened to those other search sites, like NorthernLight, that might have their archives searchable.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can try using the cache command in a google search.

quote:

cache: If you include other words in the query, Google will highlight those words within the cached document. For instance, [cache:www.google.com web] will show the cached content with the word "web" highlighted.

This functionality is also accessible by clicking on the "Cached" link on Google's main results page.

The query [cache:] will show the version of the web page that Google has in its cache. For instance, [cache:www.google.com] will show Google's cache of the Google homepage. Note there can be no space between the "cache:" and the web page url.

http://www.google.com/help/ope rators.html

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3030
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you try here?

Gannon

Post Number: 7512
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, Rustic...you could've warned us.

I didn't want to be on that list...

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3034
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as if you aren't already ...

Gannon

Post Number: 7527
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...I must NOT be a perceived threat to them.

Yay!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.