Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Used video game store? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 320
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know of a good place to buy used video games for old systems such as Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, Nintendo 64, etc...?

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a Gamestop in Mexicantown on Vernor and one on East Jefferson near that Farmer Jack in the 10000 block.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need some new games for my Vic-20 do you think they would have some?

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a couple N64, Sega, and PSX games I need to get rid of. Not sure what you are looking for.

And I think the furthest back you'll find games is for N64. I was in GameStops probably about 9 months ago and they had a rack with just the carts themselves lined up in them. I would try Craigslist for anything older.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crap. I wish I'd kept my old trash-80 system. :-(

I kept the conspicuously white "return" key as a momento. I suspect they colored it that way to emphasise its importance to the (then) noob consumer for terminating a keyboard command.

I still have all the original documentation though, including EDT/ASM, plus the disassembled ROM & DOS code, annotated, and the receipt for the printer that cost nearly a thousand dollars back then!

<sigh> Those were the days.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 403
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bet it was a nine pin to boot!!

I can remember how my friends were jelous when I bought a 24 pin printer; and how it passed for typed!

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hot Hits on Gratiot just North of 12 mile has tons of them. They are right next door to Mickey Shorr

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 279
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livernois Bike Shop which is on Livernois just south of six mile.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gametime in highland park on woodward in the same plaza as little ceasar's

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.