Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Car wash bar « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello! a friend and i want to go to this bar we've heard about that we refer to as the "car wash bar." it's apparently, as the name implies, both a car wash AND a bar which is pretty awesome in my opinion. i did a few searches online however, and i can't find any info. i did find the "car cafe," but i'm not sure if this is the right place... would anyone like to help me out here?

thank you!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10836
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's right off Jefferson, a little bit west of Belle Isle. I drove by it the other day, I believe the place has closed up. Not sure if they served beer there though, I had never been in there.

Supersport

Post Number: 10837
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The place is on Meldrum, off of Jefferson. Here is a picture of it, though they don't serve beer. Just ice cream, soda shop stuff, pulp art, and soul food. As I said before, it appears they have been closed for awhile, I'm guessing a year or two.

Carwash

(Message edited by supersport on November 07, 2006)

Supersport

Post Number: 10838
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their supposed hours of operation.

hours

Supersport

Post Number: 10839
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The advertisement on Jefferson for the place.

ad

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks so much supersport. we'll be celebrating my friend's birthday so we will only be visiting places serving alcohol!

maybe i should buy the car wash cafe and open it with beer and liquor on the menu...

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as I know, the car wash was open this summer. The proprietor actually bought a bump shop and has been putting most of his money and effort into that. Some very fun nights with a kick ass blues band there.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1680
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big deal. Lots of convenience gas stations have car washes--even Subways--and some sell beer.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.