Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Cost of Architectural renderings ? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 567
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a number of people here in the architectural line of work. Can anybody give me an idea about the cost of architectural renderings as seen on the website below ?

http://www.howardrenderings.co m/home-builders/index.html

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as a former architecture student, I can tell you that a rendering such as those would take hours of work each. You would need to provide the illustrator with a complete set of plans so he can tell how high to make the floors or whare roof overhangs need additional shading.

In short it is not a cheap biz. Computer generated ones are cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Darwinism

Post Number: 568
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any idea how much would a hand-drawn sketch going to be for a house, for example ? $30/hr ? $50/hr ? Or is it a flat rate for each structure/building ?

(Message edited by darwinism on November 05, 2006)

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 329
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want a sketch of an existing house thats another thing all together. You should probably check with some students at CCS or WSU art departments. You might be able to get something pretty good for a lower cost.

I am not in the field, but I would assume that the $50 an hour would be closer to reality for a professional rendering. You would need to pay the expenses for medical coverage and other bennies. These folks are professionals, and it don't come cheap.

Darwinism

Post Number: 569
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the feedback, Detroitplanner.

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 197
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mr. darwinism, shoot me an email with what you're trying to do. i'm one of them architecturally trained folks myself, and i know some guys who do good computer renderings. most people in the biz can make computer ones look hand-made.

bob (dot) moreo (at) gmail (dot) com

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friend Bill Moss did architectural renderings by hand until computers put him out of work. Drop me a note and I'll see if he's interested.

Madroom
Username: Madroom

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey Darwinism...better late than never! Here's a contact for you. She's a 3rd generation German artist living in Detroit. She does great work, have a look. www.imagesinstone.freeservers. com
or at http://christine.exto.org
I think you'll like her work. Ekim

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.