Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Advice - temporary housing near WSU? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 350
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A German citizen who is a distant cousin of mine will be in the Detroit area through the middle of December conducting research on the Westphalian emigrants who settled in Detroit during the 19th century. Rather than stay at our suburban home, he would prefer to rent a studio apartment or room near the WSU campus so that he can be close to the Detroit Main Library where he will be doing much of his research.

So far using the Internet, I have found a few studio apartments that are in his desired price range, but the short duration of his stay might be a problem. He arrives later this week and before we start calling around, I thought I would post this to see if anyone has some good advice.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 768
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

barlum apartments on palmer near woodward is like 360 and month to month lease

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of apartments are posted on campus on the bulletin boards of different buildings. This gives more options, though not necessarily as convenient as the internet.

Mikeg

Post Number: 352
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you both for the suggestions. Dierk and I will check out the Barlum along with the other apartments I found on the Internet. We will also look at the campus bulletin boards while we are in the vicinity.

Rmedillp
Username: Rmedillp

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a studio within walking distance from Wayne State that I may be able to rent out temporarily. It belongs to my boyfriend, who actually speaks some German (he's from Belgium). He is a med student at Wayne State and currently is not using the apartment. Please send me an email if you are interested. nicole.adamson@gmail.com
Horse and carriage rides

Mikeg

Post Number: 357
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Rmedillp - it's in your inbox.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.