Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit Toddler Clothes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking to properly dress my 2 1/2 year old nieces. Pure Detroit and Made In Detroit websites are pretty limited with regard to the smaller folks. Anyone know of other places? (There were some booths at Jazzfest with tiny Detroit gear, but I didn't catch names.)

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yes, try Kids City on Gratiot and Lappin, can't guarantee, but they might have something.

Dtown1

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yes, I belive there's places in both Bel-Air and Belmont Shopping center. In Belmont, I think there's anohter Kids City.

Dtown1

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh forgot, Kelly's Department Store and possibly 7-Days on Houston-Whittier and Kelly. Howeverm not guaranteeing none of these places

(Message edited by Dtown1 on October 23, 2006)

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 358
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

steve and barry's has a kids' section with an ok selection of detroit and michigan related tees...and it's cheap too :-)

Dtown1

Post Number: 307
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How is Steve and Barry's "proper" dress?

Valkyrias

Post Number: 359
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is your definition of "proper"? if she's looking for detroit tee shirts in little kid sizes, then steve and barry's would have "proper" dress. if she's looking for formal clothing, then no, steve and barry's might not be the place to go. however, i think she is looking for the former rather than the latter. correct me if i'm wrong, amy_p?

Dtown1

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought she meant proper, in terms of formal also, because theres a whole book of places in the city for latter dress for toddlers. Also, there isnt any Steve and Barry's in the city of Detroit, she was only looking for proper dress places in the city of Detroit.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

she was only looking for proper dress places in the city of Detroit.

How do you figure?

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She did not say "proper" dress, she said "properly" dress.(Detroit wear)

quote:

Looking to properly dress my 2 1/2 year old nieces. Pure Detroit and Made In Detroit websites are pretty limited with regard to the smaller folks. Anyone know of other places? (There were some booths at Jazzfest with tiny Detroit gear, but I didn't catch names.)

Valkyrias

Post Number: 360
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i was gonna say the same thing, susanarosa...

and thank you, thnk2mch for the clarification.

Dtown1

Post Number: 311
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If thats the case, then whats the trouble with finding tiny Detroit gear for 2-3 year olds.

you can go anywhere from Detriot sports wear to detroit caps, and they sell things like that at Shopper's World for toddlers and at a local Beauty Supply or dollar store. Also, I still would check out that Kids City store for that type of clothing also. Plus, check out this new place on Seven Mile and Gratiot called Family Place, It appears to be a clothing store, but not for sure. Also, 7 Days and Kelly Department store appear to be definent places, but have to check for toddler gear. Also, check out possibly Family Dollar, Forman Mills, and so forth, but still not guaranteeing for toddler sizes. try Flea MArkets and different places around the city, and kids clothing stores or kid-friendly stores for Detroit gear.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.